Over 35 and Pregnant!

pip7890

Mum of a Teen and a Baby!
Reaction score
Hi ladies

As the title says, I thought I'd start this group for ladies who are 35 or over and pregnant. I have asked for a separate forum for us ladies: https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-h...-mods-can-we-have-forum-over-35-pregnant.html as I think it would be useful to share the journey with like-minded people.

I've been lucky enough to be part of a couple of really helpful 35+ and 40+ threads in the TTC forum; as well as part of a great group for TTCAL.

So about me. I'm Karen. I'm 40 and am now in my fourth pregnancy having miscarried my first (in 1995 at 8w3d) and my third (in 2010 at 10w3d after contracting swine flu). I'm lucky enough to have my DS, who is now 14 years old. Not sure what being a new mum and mother to a teen will be like but I'm looking forward to giving it a go.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Pip x

Hi Pip! I soooo can't wait to join this group! Just waiting for my BFP which, if I managed to catch the eggy this month, will put me in this group as of 3rd May. If not this month, then I will definitely be 35+ when it finally happens. Keeping fingers crossed all around and looking forward to making this my new hangout in the (hopefully) near future. xoxox

:hugs: :friends: :hugs:

I've got so many things crossed that this is your month I can hardly walk straight!!!

Pip x

Hi Pip......as you know I am on the over 40TTC thread and hope to be joining you and all the other ladies waiting on their BFP's soon :hugs:

:haha: You rock Pip. You are the best TTC Buddy ever. :friends:

I'm looking forward to seeing who else comes along to join this group. Hmmm... Who do you think will be next?

Edited: Hi Glowstar! Hope we're both hanging out here with Pip very soon. :dust:

:flower:hi pip and every1 else on this thread ,i got my bfp on 24th march 2 days past due af this is my 7th pregnancy, i took nothing but pre concieve to get pregnant and lots of :sex: i have been getting quite a bit of cramping so have been worrying alot with my age ,my kids are 23,21,20 14 3 and 9 months and i am 43 now ,here hoping to lts of new faces on this thread for support and encouragement and lots of bfp`s and lots of :dust: for every1 and for sticky beans

Hi there! I'm Fran, am 38 and pregnant with no 2. Feeling rough as a dog at this moment in time but still very excited. My DD is nearly 14 months and the absolute apple of my eye: I'm completely addicted! We live in a two up two down terrace and really could do with moving. OH's job is a little unstable at the moment so we're going to stay put for the next twelve months. At the moment we're in the middle of sorting stuff out to try and make room and sort out better storage. It'll be snug but worth it!

Looking forward to meeting the rest of you oldtimers! xx

I'm Robin and we conceived 2 days after my 36th birthday! This is our first.

Hi there. I'm Christine. I am currently 38 and pregnant with my 4th child. This is my 6th pregnancy, 7th delivery, all vaginal (hoping). I have been a gestational surrogate twice (carried twins one time, hence the 6 pg's and 7 babies). I live in the California desert and am a teacher (high school English). This was a very unexpected surprise as we just moved out here for my new job. I have one son 17, and two daughters 9 and almost 7. This will be daughter #3 for us.

Hi Ladies,

Just got my BFP with my 2nd at 10dpo confirmed with 1-2weeks pregnant with a digi. Af is not due till Thursday. Dd is nearly 2 and I will be 36 next week.
So I guess that makes me an old bird.......still no grey hairs though. Gonna stay anon as have had stalking issues in the past hope thats ok.
Gonna ring GP and see if I can be seen before easter.

So excited :happydance:

So excited for all of you newly preggo and about to be newly preggo ladies.:thumbup:

WOW! Looks like all of us "oldies" are defying the odds all over the place! Awesome!

I'm Connie, I am 39 and expecting #3. I have two daughters aged 13 and 7. I NEVER thought I would get the chance to do this again but I am super excited that I am!!!

Look forward to relating to everyone who has "been there, done that" as well!!!

I have an ultrasound this morning in about 4 hours...hoping to see a heartbeat for the first time! Been up since 4am...it's like Christmas morning and I am 5 years old again. haha!

Hi Connie. Good luck with the ultrasound. How far along are you?

Pip x

Hi another over 35 mummy to be here!
I am 36 will be 37 on 25th April and have my scan on 26th April when I will be 12wks 6 days.
I have loads of friends who have had children way past my age!
My GP is so lovely, my age doesn't bother him at all! He just says look at Cherie Blair, she was way older than you!
He is so lovely bless him.
I have DS 15 and DD 5, plus 2 stepchildren aged 10 and 8!
Haven't told the kids or my parents yet, had to fess up to MIL and FIL cos they guessed it!
Altho nervous due to previous mc, I feel alot more chilled out than what I did with my other children.
I guess I do worry a little when I go for scans, I just think a big deal is made as soon as you reach 35, which is so silly!
I am happier and healthier than what I have been at other points in my life.
So there! enough said! lol.

Welcome madmax. Yes, there are lots of ladies out there who are pregnant well into their 40s. My OH is the 8th of 9. His Mum was 45 when he was born. To him and his family it's completely normal to have children into the 40s.

Comparing this pregnancy to that with my DS 15 years ago I'm definitely more tired and nauseated this time. It could be because I'm older and am in a more demanding job now, it could be that I'm a couple of stone heavier and not as fit, but I'd like to believe it's just because every pregnancy is different and this one is just harder than the others!!

Pip x

Well I am well and truly suffering with the nausea. Put on SOOOOOOOOO much weight wtih DD (luckily managed to lose it all) but feel similar to last time when I feel sick but the only thing that cures it is lots of naughty food. To try and compensate have made myself vegetable rice with chicken to pick at. But that bar of chocolate is CALLING!

Congrats to everyone on their BFPs. I'm at MW this Thurs - suppose I'll have my pee tested and blood taken. Just hope I'm not weighed!

Wow lots of ladies on this thread now hi to you all i think its amazing so many women still wanting children at our time of life haha well i`d like to think what i saw in another thread might be true ,that older women dont suffer as many symptoms but after reading a few of these posts thats obviously not true, so for all of you that have symptoms :hugs: and heres hoping they fade away soon ,i have`nt had any symptoms so far although slight soreness of the boobs if i touch them but only at the sides no ms tho thankfully,i remember ms with my 1st 2nd n 3rd were the worst especially the feeling sick but not being sick, tiredness definately a symptom and really my only 1 but i was putting that down to late nights lol my own fault ,too much internet , well its nice meeting you all so far, is it just my net or is bnb playing up tonight

Hi ladies! I will be 35 on May 13th, pregnant with my 7th child:happydance:. My DD is 13 and I have 5 angels:angel:. DH is 47 and it was a now or never decision for us. He has a DD 29, DD 21 and DS 19 in addition to our 13 y/o so he has agreed to one more. Little does he know that one more will turn into two! :winkwink: No use in making the baby an only child!

I've been having a few complications so praying that all goes well with this baby. Spotting non stop for the last 2 weeks (never had this symptom), extreme fatigue, extreme dizziness (never had this symptom either), painful boobs!!! :shrug:

As long as my little beanie is fine I'll take the pain!! Enjoy your day ladies!

Congratulations ladies. Just shows you're never too old!!!

Maryanne - I've found the site quite slow tonight too.

Pip x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"