Over 35 and Pregnant!

Gorgeous pics sweet mama - sorry that youve had a carry on but v glad you're both home safe and sound x

congratulations glowstar :happydance:

Hey ladies! I see this thread has fallen quiet but I just wanted to say that I finally got my BFP and can now officially join you!!! :wohoo:

So, how are those over-35 bumps coming along?? Xoxo

Yeah, you got here!

My bump is less like a speed bump and more like a hillock!

How is everyone else?

Pip x

Just had a appointment today. GD is a no, blood pressure is still really good, and I have finally started to gain a little weight. Actually, four pounds in two weeks. As long as I don't exceed that, I should still only have around a 15 pound net gain for this pregnancy which was around my goal.

Starting to get some aches and pains but nothing too much yet.

You are doing really well. How does this pregnancy compare with your previous ones? I feel much more tired and have either got serious baby brain or early dementia! I think it's because I'm in a much more demanding job this time around.

Pip x

yey welcome and congratulations :)

Im all good - weve had 5 scans now (3 nhs & 2 private) and have a lovely dvd of our 13 week scan that we like to watch ans copied for my folks - our doppler is fab and worth its weight in gold :)

Im really showing now so will ahve to tell work soon even tho im still in my probation - so we'll see if theyre decent people or not soon I guess :)

started doing pg pilates and my physio for my shoulder recovery is going well so hopefully Ill be able to swim soon :)

Glad everyones doing ok x

Hey Pip,

This one is completely different. Morning sickness stopped at the end of the first trimester instead of going for most of the pregnancy. I am carrying almost complete in front and looked pregnant much earlier, usually didn't until 7-8 months and around 5 months this time. Having more aches and pains and even feeling HB contractions. Since it is the last, I am guessing it wants to make a lasting impression. :winkwink:

Hello ladies

Wriggle Bum was very well behaved for the sonographer today - in fact she said s/he was a good baby! She started off by showing us baby's heartbeat and demonstrating how s/he was lying (head on my bladder, spine against my left hand side, feet up on my right hand side towards my ribs!). She then explained she was going to do all the measurements and checks and would point out things as and when she came across them. She was wonderful - we got to see baby's nose, mouth, ears, kidneys, bladder, heart, spine, knobbly knees, legs, arms and hands (all clenched up in a boxer pose!).

She told us baby was perfect and then turned to the potty shot. There was absolutely no doubt that we were looking at a...

BOY!!!!!

I'd like to introduce you to my gorgeous, perfectly healthy son:

https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6011/5905439600_e29df1d825_z.jpg

https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6031/5905439178_66562f0fca_z.jpg

https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6044/5905435976_0339a92ce1_z.jpg

I was so surprised, as I'd been convinced he was a girl, but so, so overjoyed that he was healthy. The relief was unbelievable. I feel so calm now and am really looking forward to welcoming my son into the world. We are so lucky :happydance: and DS is thrilled to bits as he really wanted a brother :thumbup:

After the scan we saw the consultant. She confirmed my due date as 21 November and said that she didn't want me to go beyond my due date so would probably induce me if baby hadn't made an appearance. She wants to see me again at 34w to see how I'm doing. My BP was okay and my urine sample was fine so all good news on that front. I need to see my midwife again at 25w and then have my GTT at 27w.

We've booked onto a Stork Walk to visit the delivery suite/labour ward in a couple of weeks. This will give us the chance to see what's available as I'd quite like to use the birthing pool for some/all of my labour.

We've posted pictures on FB but not yet released the gender as we want to make sure we've told our family first.

It's been an emotional rollercoaster today and I'm so tired, but I'm on :cloud9: at the moment.

Pip x

Good news, Pip!!

Keeping fingers crossed that things continue to go well.

He's soooo gorgeous Pip. That is one mega-cute baby you are cooking in there. It goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway) that it's fantastic news he is doing so well. :hugs:

Thanks AMU. He looks nothing like me. DS' profile at 20w was so like mine. This one must take after his Da.

Pip x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"