Over 35 and Pregnant!

Hi ladies - I'm so pleased to have found this thread!!!!

I'm 38 in a couple of weeks time, and about 7 weeks pregnant with baby #3, I have a DS10 and DS8 from my first marriage (had to leave my DH when youngest was only 1yo) and have been with my new DH for 5 years, and hadn't intended to have any of our own, but we changed our minds and here we are.... it's a bit of a gap, but we're delighted! I've not yet told the kids as I'm not sure they could deal with problems if they arise. I had PE and HELLP in my first pregnancy and high BP in the second, so hoping that I'm older and my body knows what to do this time :happydance: so have everything crossed for minimal complications!!! Anyone else due around 26th Dec?

mum2be38 - hello and congrats! I have one son who will be 8 when the baby is born. My due date is dec. 28. We are not telling DS until after school is out for the summer. I will be about 10 weeks then. That is when we will tell our family, too. We are not sure how he will react, and we don't want him to act up at school.

MissKittyK - congrats to you, too! Even though we kept everything, I know we will have to buy clothes. My son was born in june and this baby is due in december. So, whether it is a boy or girl, some clothes will be needed. I just can't wait to start getting things ready for the baby. I will probably wait until we know what we are having.

I am due in December as well :)

fingers crossed for you kosh

I know so many people who have had a mc and then their next pg has been lovely and healthy x

thanks rowan, i really hope so, but to be honest i'm not very hopefull with this one. i had very mild symptoms last week, but now they are totally gone. :nope:

i'm just back from holiday and will have my first appointment with the doc tomorrow. i guess they will wait another week or 2 for the scan (i know they will give me an early one because i've also had an ectopic before), but i'm just wondering now if they at least could do some HCG levels first to have an idea?

Hope you get some good results back soon xxx

kosh - hon did you get your bloods taken?

sweet mama any news?

Ive booked in a second (private) scan as we're nearing my danger zone and I cant wait til 25th for my next nhs scan - so another scan on Saturday - fingers crossed!

Im supposed to be due around 27th december - fingers crossed!

Nothing happening here, unfortunately. Last night I walked in Walmart for a couple hours, had sex, nipple stims... NOTHING. Today I walked up and down the mall, had some spicy habanero wings for lunch, then cleaned most of my house for a few hours... NOTHING. Now I'm tired, achy, and crabby... sigh. I really wish I could meet my little Maggie today. I'm ready, but I guess she's just not.

Hope its ok if I share my good news :flower:

We had our second scan today

we went in and I mentioned we'd already had a scan and the baby was 4mm last Friday and she was lovely, put the wand on my tummy and straight away there was a much larger baby with a strong heartbeat - yey!! We were like wow - weve never seen a baby that big before - not one of ours anyway!

the baby is 11.5mm!! Its nearly tripled in size in a week - yey! She put the sound thingy on and we heard the heartbeat which was wonderful! Its exactly right for 7 weeks 2 days so thats brilliant!

What a relief!! I think we may actually be able to look forward to our next scan on 25th instead of dreading it!

Hope everyones ok x

That's wonderful news Rowan. Fingers crossed for just as perfect a scan on the 25th. :hugs:

Nothing happening here, unfortunately. Last night I walked in Walmart for a couple hours, had sex, nipple stims... NOTHING. Today I walked up and down the mall, had some spicy habanero wings for lunch, then cleaned most of my house for a few hours... NOTHING. Now I'm tired, achy, and crabby... sigh. I really wish I could meet my little Maggie today. I'm ready, but I guess she's just not.

I had to read that twice then! I thought you were meaning you had sex in Walmart :rofl:

Now THAT would be a photo for ThePeopleOfWalmart.com! Heavily pregnant lady having sex in aisle of Wal-Mart. :rofl:

Hope its ok if I share my good news :flower:

We had our second scan today

we went in and I mentioned we'd already had a scan and the baby was 4mm last Friday and she was lovely, put the wand on my tummy and straight away there was a much larger baby with a strong heartbeat - yey!! We were like wow - weve never seen a baby that big before - not one of ours anyway!

the baby is 11.5mm!! Its nearly tripled in size in a week - yey! She put the sound thingy on and we heard the heartbeat which was wonderful! Its exactly right for 7 weeks 2 days so thats brilliant!

What a relief!! I think we may actually be able to look forward to our next scan on 25th instead of dreading it!

Hope everyones ok x
That is wonderful news! I am so excited for you. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay.:happydance:

I had to read that twice then! I thought you were meaning you had sex in Walmart :rofl:

Now THAT would be a photo for ThePeopleOfWalmart.com! Heavily pregnant lady having sex in aisle of Wal-Mart. :rofl:

You two crack me up! Sex in Walmart, haha... if only I thought that would actually work, lmao.

:rofl: absolutely typical, wherever allmuddledup shows her face it degenerates into sleaze!!!

Come on Sweet Mama - I've got my hopes up that your baby will arrive anytime now.

Pip x

Hi everyone

Rowan - great news about your scan! It's really exciting when you see a heartbeat, isn't it?

that comment about having sex in Walmart cracked me up - certainly a unique way to try to hurry labour along!!

I hope everyone's having a lovely weekend xx

Thanks hon - we saw heartbeats with our other babies as well but not after a certain point and we've got past that point this time so fingers crossed!! x

Ooh OKMOMMA we are due around the same time, i am due around 26th dec (due to lmp calculation)!! How are you doing? Going to tell my boys when i am about 13 weeks as i dont think i can hide my exhaustion much longer - the older one is starting to worry :(

I've been up all night (it's almost 3 am here PST) thinking I have some more darn fake contractions that aren't doing squat because they don't hurt, so I turned off my laptop, went pee, and was about to go to bed when....

MY WATER BROKE!

No doubt about it as it keeps on coming. I'm going to stay here as long as I can or at least until we can get the girls to school in the morning (around 7:30/8 am).

OMG... I'm going to meet my baby today!!

I've been up all night (it's almost 3 am here PST) thinking I have some more darn fake contractions that aren't doing squat because they don't hurt, so I turned off my laptop, went pee, and was about to go to bed when....

MY WATER BROKE!

No doubt about it as it keeps on coming. I'm going to stay here as long as I can or at least until we can get the girls to school in the morning (around 7:30/8 am).

OMG... I'm going to meet my baby today!!

Yeah!! Hope someone can update us soon. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->