over 35 TTC #1. anyone? beuller?

I'm going to watch Funny Face right now! I haven't seen it since I was really young, but I will happily take the compliment! In fact, I'll take any movie/book recommendations as I'm starting to really slow down over here. Went to the doctor yesterday and not dilated. They'll induce at 41 wks and I'm hoping it doesn't go that far.

I want new espadrilles (and a purse, too, of course)! They sound so exotic to me right now: 1) because it is snowy and icy here right now and 2) because my feet are so swollen that I just went to lunch with a friend clomping around in dh's boots lol. They looked ridiculous. What color did you get? I'll live vicariously through you. Maybe I'll get a new purse though! They don't have to fit at least. I'm thinking one of Matt & Nat's smaller (aka cheaper) ones.

Where does your cruise go again? I'm so glad you're feeling a little better finally. Sounds like you'll be better in time for next cycle, which will be here before you know it. xoxo

The espadrilles are actually a woven black and white diamond pattern. They're Toms. I've never owned Toms before. I have rebelled because a girl I went to college with gets very preachy on fb and she practically ONLY wears Toms. I'm such a brat. But these were cute so I broke down. Very comfortable. My new purse I actually got at TJ Maxx. It's T-shirt and Jeans brand. Never heard of it but the bag was cute, sort of boho. Black and white woven swirly pattern with brown leather trim and some grey tassle things. Idk if I'm making it sound cute at all but I love it! And it was only 20 bucks! I'm still saving my hopes for a new Kate Spade bag. I actually saw a super cute green one at TJ Maxx for $150.I'm not sure why but I love green purses. I'm weird. I tried to justify it but I knew DH would freak out. Joke's on him. One of these days he will be spending $350 on a Kate Spade for me! Lol

Book recommendations:
Special Topics in Calamity Physics- Marisha pessl
Bitter In The Mouth- Monique Truong
The Weird Sisters- Eleanor Brown
The Historian- Elizabeth Kostova
Orkney- Amy Sackville

These are standouts I've read in the last five years or so!

Libby, thats awesome you get to go on a cruise! How fun and romantic : ) New Shoes and purse always make you feel better, they sound very cute! I have man feet and have a hard time finding cute shoes that fit, plus I'm too tall for heels haha.

Annie I hope she comes before 41wks! Why can't they just induce at 40 with ur swelling and other issues....isn't 40 enough! Well at the most 2 weeks eeek!

All I want to do today is eat carbs and lay in bed, I was bad and made a cake a few days ago and ate way to much! That's what happens when you eat to much beans and smoothies ; )

Aww Corn! Eating carbs and laying in bed is one of my favorites! I try not to allow myself to do it too often, but if there was ever an excuse, you're rocking it! The baby is tired! He needs some comfort food and a nap! I might be a bad influence.....
I'm so excited to go on this cruise I can barely stand it. I need a break from reality. A recharge, so to speak. With my RA, I can't really do heels anymore. The espadrilles I got are flat so I don't break an ankle, again. Did I tell y'all I sprained my ankle while I was sitting in a chair a couple of weeks ago? It's a talent I have. Luckily, it wasn't a bad sprain, but seriously, I was sitting down for crying out loud! Lol. The chair had wheels, somehow my toe got pointed down while chair was in motion, heel got wedged under chair and twiiiiist and crunch, sprained ankle. Woohoo. That ankle is so weak it's not even funny. I've broken it three times and sprained it four times. It's my weakest link, I think. Lol

I can hardly believe you ladies are so far along. I just updated DH on your progress. He accused me of lying about how far along Annie is! He said it seems like just a minute ago you were telling me she was pregnant! He's excited for you both. He asked if you guys had names picked out. I told him I didn't know. I've got five names picked out. I daren't say them out loud for tempting fate, but I'm totally prepared if I can manage to get myself knocked up. I haven't asked you guys about names for the same reason. Don't want to train that evil eye on you, as my stepdad would say. Only wishing good things for us all!

Hi, thought I would update on the IUI as Libby requested. Yesterday morning we went in for the IUI, after getting the HCG trigger shot previous day, and after my DH gave them his "sample" and they washed it, they said they couldn't do the IUI due to too many white blood cells in the sample. There was a count of 5.6 mil and they needed it to be under 1 mil. They are afraid of introducing an infection to me but said we could have regular sex that night. Was an extremely disappointing and emotional day for me yesterday. I was so excited for this month to be the month, especially since I responded very well to the Clomid and had 4 big fillicles waiting for sperm. So yeah. Now DH has to go to a urologist and figure out what the cause of the white blood cells is, but from what I'm reading on the web it may be an unknown cause with no cure, and so that means it's straight to IVF for us. Hopefully that's not the case. Still, I'm very sad :( Its so frustrating because I'm perfectly healthy and just waiting to conceive and can't due to DH. Doubly unfair because he already has 2 kids! So the journey continues. The doctor was nice at least and didn't charge us anything for yesterday's visit.

Annie so excited for you :) I'm sure you look beautiful and not at all like a manatee. lol. I really wouldn't mind if I was a manatee right now though. haha. Corn, how are you going? I hope you feel better, Libby! I understand all the feelings you're feeling, hugs!

Spyrals, I'm so sorry : ( that's so disappointing. Strange how regular sex has no issues with infection but the procedure would. I'm sure ur DH feels like he let you down, even though it's not his fault at all. If ur ovulating with the clomid is there still a chance you could conceive? I'm sorry it's been so difficult, it's so unfair. Maybe he just has an infection that needs antibiotics, hopefully it's fixable since IVF is expensive.
I'm doing alright, slowing down a bit and my gallbladder is killing me. Hoping for a good outcome in a couple months and hopefully this gallbadder calms down.

What's up with your gallbladder? Does your doc know?
Dh did 2 rounds of antibiotics and his white blood cells only increased. From what the doc said, the cervix won't let any infection through into the uterus so it's safe to BD. During IUI they bypass the cervix so I guess it's more dangerous. He does feel like he let me down, that's the exact same words he used when we were going home from the hospital, poor thing! The doc was saying there's still a chance of conception since there are 4 eggs in there. So all hope is not lost, though I feel like if it hasn't happened in the last 14 months, why would it happen now? Anyway we're still trying of course :)

With four eggs you have a good chance at least, it must be hard not to get really down about it though. I husband would say the exact same thing, he takes everything so personally. When I had my miscarriage he thought it was somehow his fault with crappy sperm.

Yes my gallbladder is inflamed or backed up, havnt had the official report on it but bile acid elevated and it hurts everyday. No one seems to concerned about it, but my OB is aware of it. It's brought on my pregnancy hormones, but hoping it doesn't rupture and goes away after birth. It's turned me into a lazy bum because it feels better when I lay down. I have more blood work coming in tomorrow so I'll see if it's worse, it sucks, but it's always something with pregnancy.

Geez, you certainly have a good excuse for laying down. I hope it doesn't get any worse and goes away soon! It sounds painful, and I'd be concerned too even though the doctors aren't. You don't have too much longer to go though, just 2 more months and a bit! :)

Yeah, he's funny, now he's trying to have sex with me every few hours and I'm like they need to mature a bit!! Give it 12 hours at least! Lol.

Oh Spyrals, that must be so frustrating!! To go in expecting the IUI and them tell you they can't do it, I would be so upset. Maybe with the four eggs, one of them will be welcoming! Lol
I wonder what in the world would cause all the white blood cells like that if he's not sick. How frustrating.
Corn, there has got to be something they can do to get you some relief! Being in constant pain is so terribly draining. I hope it goes away after you have the baby. It would be so unfair for it to hang around!
I feel much better. I really wish I could have some codeine every night before bed, but I realize that would pretty much make me an addict. Lol. But it made me sleep so well I'm tempted to take it even though I don't medically need it anymore! Lol oh well. I'll get used to sleeping without it.
I've got myself and DH mostly packed for the cruise. I'm so excited. I really needed a real break.
Hope you are all well! Spyrals, get your BD one! Get it done!

I'm sorry Spyrals. What a rollercoaster. I hope dh can get in to see a urologist soon. But I love his enthusiasm! haha. 4 eggs does sounds good! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys! Keep us updated. I hope they can figure out the white blood cell issue soon.

Libby - I can totally believe you sprained your ankle sitting down... because I am just as ridiculous as you. I tore my hip while sitting down (uncrossed my legs and there was a loud pop, that was it) and had to have surgery last year! How old and decrepit does that make me?! I think I share some of your other tendencies too - if I had a friend who ONLY wore TOMS (what the hell?), that would be enough for me to boycott just out of brattiness haha. But I do love my red toms and I've seen your espadrilles - very cute! And now I want a green purse! Thank you for the book recs, by the way. Oh, and we're naming her Rose. A cruise sounds so great - I'm glad you're getting well again on time!

Oh poor Corn - that's awful you're in pain every day! Let us know how the bloodwork goes. And be lazy all day long if that's what it takes!

Rose is a wonderful name! I have hurt my hips doing normal things like crossing and uncrossing my legs, too. Luckily, I never injured myself to the point of needing surgery for it! We are a mess!
Violet has begun a medicine for ADD. Her mother says so far she seems to have a little more self control now. She doesn't fly off the handle when annoyed or angered as much, she said. That is definitely a positive result because even her brothers, who love her, don't want to play with her much because "she's mean." Hoping it helps her in school. Too soon to tell, I think.
We go on the cruise in a few days. Then we are back for five days and DH goes to China. Stupid China. He will only go gone for a week, though. Thank goodness.
I hope you are both feeling well! Keep me posted!

Have an amazing cruise Libby! Can't remember if you said where it was going? Hopefully somewhere warm and with gorgeous water! I'm missin that right about now with snow piled high and more in the way!

Going to the Caribbean! Bahamas and Key West! I can't wait! I have just been giving myself a pedicure to prepare!

I was just thinking about you! I hope you had a great time :) did you get a tan? I'm doing ok, last week of work for me yay! Hope you and DH had a romantic time!

No tan for me! I'm pasty! Woohoo! Lol. We had a great time, though! Lots of relaxing and cocktails! DH had fun. I was worried he wouldn't since he's never been on a cruise before.
So last week of work?! Thats a big deal! Maybe you can rest and get some relief from your pain. How has it been?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->