Over 40 - R.E.'s Reluctance to Treat

JanetPlanet

Reaction score
Has anyone had experiences with R.E.'s or Ob/Gyn's not being very eager to help you because of your age? :jo:

Or lecturing you on how diminished your fertility is at this point?

:flower:

I have never had such a situation and I am so very sorry that you have! If your a**hole doc is treating you like that, see if you can find another one on your plan, grab your file, and run like hell! LOL

Here's my thought, if your body can still bleed, you are plenty young enough to breed! Sorry, sometimes the sarcasm overtakes me,lol.

Has anyone had experiences with R.E.'s or Ob/Gyn's not being very eager to help you because of your age? :jo:

hi janetplanet sorry you have had such negativity, i had it with gp lookin at me like i had lost my mind... i am 44, but the gynae doc was fab she say yes there will be diminished fertility but no reason i shouldnt have another baby as long as i feel I am up to it ask for another referral do let the get you down, how old are you by the way presume not 90 and using zimmer frame ha ha. people are so judgemental age is just a number :hugs: x

HI. My doctor is an idiot, but when I said I was worried about years and time ,(I´m 38) he told me to calm down I had plenty of time. Which surprised me as I live in Spain and most of the mums I see are pretty young. However as I said he is an idiot and doesn´t read research or know much about anything so I guess you can´t have it all ways.
Good luck,

I have never had such a situation and I am so very sorry that you have! If your a**hole doc is treating you like that, see if you can find another one on your plan, grab your file, and run like hell! LOL

Here's my thought, if your body can still bleed, you are plenty young enough to breed! Sorry, sometimes the sarcasm overtakes me,lol.

So true ,I totally agree with you,:happydance::happydance:

Hi Janet ,I am 43 and my gynae didn't even mention my age,it was me that brought it up,he said it wasnt an issue as long as I was ovulating regularly then I had as much chance as the next person,good luck Hun :hugs::hugs:

"If you can still bleed, you can still breed!". Lol. I like that!

JanetPlanet-

I would love to hear how your situation turned out, as I hate to see anyone mistreated; unless it's someone who upset me, lol. That's my dry sense of humor again!

if your body can still bleed, you are plenty young enough to breed!

haha LOVE IT!!!! hopefully we all have many bleeding years after of us!!

I was 37 when I went to see my GP to tell her we were going to start trying, I said something like 'I know Im getting old' and she just 'pfffft' me and said most of her patients were my age and older, as if it was nothing! and when I went to see my FS she said that our bodies in general are not actually very efficient at baby making regardless of your age! so lets all forget our age for a few years, as long as we bleed we can breed :happydance:

I am actually thinking of making it my new mantra, lol. That way, when/if AF shows, instead of being devastated, I can recognize that I should be thankful that my body is working properly; I'm not out, just delayed. lol!

I am actually thinking of making it my new mantra, lol. That way, when/if AF shows, instead of being devastated, I can recognize that I should be thankful that my body is working properly; I'm not out, just delayed. lol!

so true and its something I have to keep reminding myself when I panic about my age. My FSH is 5 so a normal range, I seem to have a very normal cycle with ovulation and a 14 day LP. I just had a polyp removed in March and had one cycle since, so really Im just starting over and need to give it time.

so true and its something I have to keep reminding myself when I panic about my age. My FSH is 5 so a normal range, I seem to have a very normal cycle with ovulation and a 14 day LP. I just had a polyp removed in March and had one cycle since, so really Im just starting over and need to give it time.

Your cycle sounds textbook perfect! The polyp is a small setback and it sounds as if you came through it unscathed...congrats! I think because i was a career girl for so long, I tended to assume that things I could make things happen as long as I work hard enough and instead of a paycheck, I'd get a baby on the next payday. How stupid is that? lol.

I think because i was a career girl for so long, I tended to assume that things I could make things happen as long as I work hard enough and instead of a paycheck, I'd get a baby on the next payday. How stupid is that? lol.

same here...

Sorry for all of the typos on that one, can you believe someone is actually silly enough to give me a paycheck! lol

I cant wait for the next round of bfps in this section! theres so many lovely people in here that I am just so rooting for. Im not sure how many of us are in here actively trying but say there are 10 of us then hopefully 1-2 should get a bfp every month, if theres 20 of us then at least 3 people. come on girls we can do it!!!!! :hugs:

I would love to see everyone get their BFPs this month and we could all move to the next section together; I wish this site was set up so that women who wanted to follow each other no matter what stage they were in could- I love to hear the success stories!

I am actively trying- I use OPKs, CP (although I have no idea what I am feeling for)...I have never temped. I did one round on 50mg Clomid last cycle and the meds did exactly what they were meant to do; I ovulated and got a little longer LP. The side effects were so awful for me, that I chose to go this month without it.

I am trying to find that happy medium between TTC and enjoying the hell out of my life. It's a lot tougher than I thought it would be!

what did u have to do to get clomid prescribed?
what were the side effects like?

what did u have to do to get clomid prescribed?
what were the side effects like?

Hi Indigo-

First off, I am not sure where you live, but I am in the US, so what I am describing might be different for your location. I originally started seeing my gyno when we were NTNP; when I decided that go full on TTC, his first suggestion was that I start using OPKs. I did and came back the following cycle and told him I didn't ovulate. He asked me how aggressive I wanted to be and recommended Clomid that visit;I walked out the door with the script. Since I knew my insurance wasn't going to cover it anyway, he said there was no reason to sit here for 5 more months to prove what we already knew. I can say, from what I have read on this site, this is unusual- women seem to almost have to fight for it, very unfair!

My side effects: almost like AF, but for the whole month, these were ok. I had blind spots in my vision and month long severe headaches, that is why I took the break for the month. I:flower: could almost live with the pain, but the vision changes really scared me, and they are a normal side effect. If you have more questions, please feel free to ask. I'm sure I am leaving stuff out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->