over 6 months and still no tummy time

T

turbo_mom

Well Angelynn is now over 6 months adjusted and she still does not play on her tummy. Most babies I see at 6 months are either sitting on their own or can go up on all fours or both.. she does neither.
I know she'll be a bit behind because she was prem but I still feel worried :(
My friends twin girls born at 29 weeks spend all their time on their tummy's and are almost crawling!!!
I feel responsible too like I haven't been working with her enough. I would just really love for her to be able to do more and explore more because all she does is lay on her back. I really really hope that she can be on her hands and knees by her birthday..

I'd have to say since bringing her home this has been the most challenging thing :( Everything else was a piece of cake compared to this. SHould I be worried?? I keep saying she will do it when she's ready but I have seen no attempts so far and I don't want her to be so far behind :cry:

My friends son is 10months and has only just learnt to roll over. He wasn't even prem. All babies are different.

:hugs:

So true my friends baby boy is 8 months and wont have anything to do on his tummy lol hes always on his back , but recently hes been watching my max rolling over and hes been tring ..so mabey see if she will learn from another baby or at least see how fun it could be ..rem all babies are diff

You're doing a wonderful job with her hun. I agree with Toria, all babies are different.

However it's not to late to start trying to make her enjoy tummy time. Josh HATED it so much and he would scream his lungs out. Now he loves tummy time because of the mat I got him. He doesn't have to support his arms too much as the cushion on the mat does it for him (it's good when you start because they have trouble supporting themselves and have their face stuck on the floor then cry)

Maybe you could try that with her, 1-2 minutes to start with and then longer and longer. Have her favorite toy in front of her so she'll be interested in that and it'll take her mind off of being on her tummy.

I hope it helps hun xxx

ps here's a pic of Josh's tummy mat, I think it's really good and was cheap (30$ at toysrus) https://photos-145.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v208/4/46/630246145/n630246145_1064670_6341.jpg

you could try the disney one I got at Costco, Bella loves it. It's good to get her used to being on her tummy and then when she's used to it, you can put her on the floor so she will start to roll and crawl around.

Thanks for your replies ladies!!!
Jess I do have a little pillow made for her to lay on during tummy time but she still flings her arms back to her sides which is not helpful at all for her. I put her on it for minutes at a time but it's the same result every time. her frustrated and crying and head hanging down.
Holldoll I have the lamaze spin and play mat very similar to that one and she doesn't mind it. But again she can be on there for 5 minutes before her head is hanging and she's gettin pissed off. But I will continue to work with her. Lately i've been laying her accross my lap more and more so I will see if that helps. I just hope she can discover the joys of tummy time soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->