Overbearing mother - i feel trapped

First, congratulations on your little man, he is just gorgeous!

If anyone tried to take my baby off of me when I was not willing/ready or the baby was not done feeding, I would pop a gasket. I agree with what a pp poster said, when you go to feed your baby, go into a bedroom and close the door (and lock it if it has locks!). I actually had to do this with DD1 around my MIL when they came to visit after she was born. I needed and wanted the privacy of feeding my child on my own without interference.

I am sorry you are going through this, this is supposed to be a happy and bonding time for you and your little one. I hope the rest of her stay goes by quickly! :hugs:

Try asking her to do other things, like vacuum, watch the other children, put on dinner. I don't know. Maybe make her feel busy and important, but most of all to keep her out of your hair! If all else fails tell her to back off.

Also, congratulations on your new baby!

If you tell her later, it will probably hurt her more. It's really important to let her know how her behaviour is affecting you while it's happening, so she can try to do something about it.

Gorgeous baby :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"