Overdue and so disappointed with my body...

lpjkp

1st time Mommy!
Reaction score
40+2 today, and feeling thoroughly miserable, as much as I don’t want to.

I was diagnosed with polyhydramnios at 36 weeks, and had weeks of scans,GTT and torch tests to be told there was no identifiable cause.

I had a midwife appointment on my due date, and was told that I would be treated just like any “normal” pregnancy and would be allowed to go Term + 13 before any induction takes place. I was then told, however, there’s no further point in measuring my fundal height because “it won’t tell us anything other than that you still have too much fluid” and was told it would be unlikely I’ll be offered a sweep at 41 weeks because they don’t want to risk my waters breaking. Upon checking position of baby, she said baby’s head was down but only just touching the pelvis, whereas he had been 3/5th engaged at my 38 week appointment. I couldn’t help feeling a little disappointed after my appointment.

On the evening of my due date, and yesterday morning, I began a bit of spotting with a bloody show- this cleared up yesterday but filled me with hope something might actually start happening. Yesterday afternoon at around 2pm I started having regular tightenings (not painful, but a few were a little uncomfortable), which continued all afternoon and progressed from every 5-10 minutes last around 45 seconds to around every 6-8 minutes lasting about a minute and a half. We popped to the hospital to get checked following previous advice with regards to the polyhydramnios and, whilst the checks showed I was having mild contractions, an internal concluded that I was only 1cm, and my cervix was still high and thick. I was given a sweep, and was sent home to get some rest, hoping that it would pick up throughout the night.

Disappointingly, the contractions stopped and I had the most amazing night sleep. I almost feel stupid for having had unproductive contractions all day yesterday, and I feel stupid for relating my concerns yesterday to my MIL that I thought it would all be stop start and that my MIL and husband were adamant that it was the start of labour. I can’t help but feel a little embarrassed, you know, that others had that expectation that there would be a baby, and my husband doesn’t seem to understand why I feel so down about it all this morning?

Its understandable how you felt. Hope things start to come together for you and go your way right away :flower:

I hope baby doesn't keep you waiting too much longer now :hugs:

I’m hoping so too! 4 days overdue now, still having contractions here and there but nothing as regular...however, I’ve lost an insane amount of plug over the last 2 days, so hoping it can’t be much longer!

6 days overdue and still nothing- contractions have stopped, insane amount of discharge...at midwife tomorrow for 41 week appointment with talks about planned induction, so at least I know I only have around a week left if nothing happens before!

On a positive note, went into hospital yesterday for reduced movements...everything was fine and the scan showed the amniotic fluid with the polyhydramnios has decreased by 6cm and is almost within the higher end of normal range! They even had to check to see if I was leaking amniotic fluid because they were so shocked!

brilliant news about fluid reduction! hope it goes really well for you sounding like great signs xxx

How are your fluid levels now? Have they been checked?

Just to update for future reference...

Our little guy is here at last! 10lb 3oz, born at 41+1 on 25/11 after a 3 hr 15 minute labour! Surprisingly,my waters only went during the 2 minutes it took to push him out, and there was very little water considering they documented polyhydramnios- the medical profession can obviously create a drama out of very little, it seems!

All in all, very happy and healthy and very much in love!

Our little guy is here at last! 10lb 3oz, born at 41+1 on 25/11 after a 3 hr 15 minute labour! Surprisingly,my waters only went during the 2 minutes it took to push him out, and there was very little water considering they documented polyhydramnios- the medical profession can obviously create a drama out of very little, it seems!

Ahhh congrats!!

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you! I wondered if your little one made an appearance since your last post :hugs:

It sounds like you're going through something called prodrominal labor and it's the worst. I had it w my son and omg I was miserable. I went past my DD and I had labor start and stop countless times. I had to get induced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->