Overdue looking for some advice!

JLLM

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I am currently 40 + 5, this is my third baby I had my first at 40 + 3 & second at 40 + 2 my midwife said she would attempt at sweep at 39 + 4 but said she couldn't do it as head was still free, again on Monday at 40 + 3 and today she said head was still free so it wouldn't be safe & possible to do a sweep. I am booked to be induced on Tuesday 16th at 8pm.

My questions

If the head is still free does it mean baby won't come himself before induction?

My midwife has said she won't move induction forward but I am in real pain especially at night I can barely move would it be worth while calling hospital with regards to being induced earlier?

I have spent the whole day in tears about it all.

Bless u hun! Sometimes it feels like your left to cope on your own with worries. Id deffo ring up and explain your very uncomfy. You must be tired and heavy. Hospitals annoy me now with how you cant go in until your contractions are close together and if your induced partners have to go home if your not on the labour ward at 8pm. I hope they start you off early. I dunno if u have a birthing ball. They are meant to help baby get into position. Hope u get some rest xx

Hey. I'm 40+3 now and MW refused sweep until Sunday when i'll be 40+8.

I'm finding my hips ache through the night so making sleep tricky. I am using pillows between knees and feet to try to lift my right leg so it remains straight out the hip rather than coming down and resting on left leg (as trying to sleep on left side)

I don't see any harm in you trying by ringing and asking what they could do.

Good luck

Aw I know how you feel, I was the same with DD. I tried to push for induction before 40+12 but they would not budge. Sweeps also had to be done at 41+ which was a pain too. Give them a call and see what they say, you never know until you ask.

Being uncomfy is horrid at night, I now find I seize up if I stop moving and just sit, it's a tad miserable. You have my sympathy as I'm right behind you. xxx

I'm 40 +4 today. But no induction or sweep or anything like that for me. The head being "free" simply means he hasn't engaged yet, subsequent babies often don't engage until you are IN labor. The reason they don't want to do a sweep is because it can cause premature rupture of membranes, and with the baby's head not being engaged yet, if the water breaks, you risk prolapsed cord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->