Overdue

maysbaby

Reaction score
I am now 5 days overdue. For some reason I'm not feeling too fed up I have just accepted the fact a due date doesn't mean much, every women is different. I am due to be induced on Wednesday but I'd like to go natural before then after reading horror stories is it really that bad? Also did people know when they were going into labour or did it just come out of the blue? I really don't think this baby is coming anytime soon but that's just going off my gut feeling!

I went 41+5 with DS1. I was like you. Wasn't stressed about being overdue, in fact i had just planned on going 42 weeks. My stress stemmed bc i didn't want to be induced. And here in America its like the day you are due induction talk starts (for me it was before i was even due :shock:)
I had no signs. Well i was dialated and effaced since 34 weeks, but those clearly arn't signs since i went so long :lol: but otherwise nothing. Then i got up at 3:30 am on 41+4 and went to the loo and then my water broke!

IF you dont want to be induced, just remember a normal pregnancy last up to 42 weeks. Outcomes for an "overdue" mom and baby with induction have not been proven to be any better (in low risk mothers, before 42 weeks). I am really glad i didn't get induced bc it turns out bubs was back to back and im quite certain i would have landed myself a c-section. If you want to be induced just make sure you are making informed decisions about it. If you dont want to be induced, dont give into the pressure bc up to 42 weeks is still highly normal, reguardless of the fear mongering.

I think that's awesome, so many doctors are paranoid about not letting you go over 40 weeks, I think every baby has their own time :)

I think that's awesome, so many doctors are paranoid about not letting you go over 40 weeks, I think every baby has their own time :)

i agree and its so sad that law suites are the reason for all of this.
I really had to fight for that though. it was tough. but i had monitoring (mostly to get them to stop breathing down my neck lol) and i followed my instincts so i knew the baby was fine. in pretty much every other developed country induction isn't even spoken of until closer to 41-42 weeks and they have lower rates of death, so thats interesting.

Hey girls! Just adding my story with my first.
I had to be induced at 41 1/2 wks due to low fluid levels then. ( yes, it is great that my doc was understanding and didn't pressure forcing the baby out. Not until the ultrasounds showed that physically baby needed to come out. I agree it's rare in the US)
I had no dialation or contractions whatso ever. I really really didn't want a c section and that's what I was scared it was going to lead to.
It was a tough labor, over 24 hrs. Pitocin all the way, crazy contractions, an epidural that didn't work. My baby was born face up and for that reason she was stuck and couldn't come down and I had to push for over 3 hrs... Stinker. BUT I did have a successful vaginal delivery, so all in all a good story I guess. In case you do have to be induced, just wanted to share that not all end in c section. As that was my fear.
Good luck to you, hopefully your baby just decides to come on its own. You never know when that can happen!

i agree and its so sad that law suites are the reason for all of this.
I really had to fight for that though. it was tough. but i had monitoring (mostly to get them to stop breathing down my neck lol) and i followed my instincts so i knew the baby was fine. in pretty much every other developed country induction isn't even spoken of until closer to 41-42 weeks and they have lower rates of death, so thats interesting.

I think it's ridiculous that you have to fight for something like that now a days. 40 weeks is such a rough estimate, I believe every baby has their own timeline and as long as nothing's wrong they'll come out when they're ready!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->