Overweight and home birth?

youngmamttc

My family is complete
Reaction score
I have a high BMI which I think puts me at high risk but I'm not sure as I had normal bmi with dd. Can I still have a home birth if I'm overweight?

I weighed 303 when I gave birth to my first, 325 with my second, and about the same with my third. My weight was never a concern with my homebirths. Your HEALTH is what is important, not the number on the scale.

My BMI is 50 and as long as I have a normal pregnancy, I'm having a home birth. Don't let the docs and mw's fob you off or use your weight against you x

I have a BMI of 44 and there was no issue with the midwives I interviewed. I have no other risk factors.

I had 1 with DS2 and planning a second. (my BMI was 37 with him, and is now 34.5)
BMI is such a horrible reason to decline a woman an HB. Unless you actually have the medical issues that would put you at risk (GD, pre-e, etc) then i think it's total crap that they would use BMI alone to determine such a birth environment, especially bc BMI is not a good indication of health whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->