overweight and pregnant

Kchiara

Reaction score
Hi, ladies! Got another question for all of you... I am currently 22 weeks pregnant with my first. I was overweight before getting pregnant and so I have feared not looking pregnant to other people. Well, people have begun to notice that I look pregnant(yayy!!) BUT, when I look at myself I still see the "B" shaped tummy. Plus, below my belly button is still soft(flabby?) and above my belly button is hard?! I am five foot two inches and weighed @ 185lbs before getting pregnant. Is this normal? Shouldn't my whole stomach have begun to round out and harden all over? I'm a little confused. Any advice would be helpful. It's such a silly thing to stress over, but I am stressing this.

I still have soft lower b and hard upper b at 32 weeks :shrug:

I'm hoping mine rounds out but have a feeling it won't. And i'm bigger than you. But I hear you about being worried. I'm still obese even after losing 115 lbs and am having an issue watching the scale go up.

I am almost exactly like you. I was the starting same weight, and only 1 inch taller. My belly is def. round now, but still very soft and wobbly at botom. It is also hard at the top. I don't think I will ever get hard down below belly button though b/c of loose skin from previous pg's.

This is my second overweight pregnancy. We just don't get that one big smooth bump usually. And as someone mentiond, the lower stomach does not get that firm especially if you've had a baby before.

My bump isn't a B shape, but it is very soft and flabby on the bottom part. I can feel the firmness of my uterus if I lay flat on my back and press down... but if I'm standing up, it just feels like fat. The top part of my bump is firm and hard, but the bottom part is complete opposite. Floppy, flabby... soft... I'm not very worried about it. Its just from being overweight, and probably from having a previous overweight pregnancy! :thumbup:

You're smaller than I am, and I had a pretty nice bump in my first pregnancy. The soft part on the bottom was there the whole time, but with a good top and maybe a belly band, nobody will be able to tell. :winkwink:

Find a nutritionist and ask him or her for a special diet for a pregnant woman.

Same here, it's loose on the bottom; I'm really self-conscious about it and lost about 30lbs prior to pregnancy so the loss of weight plus the slightly rapid weight gain the last few months haven't helped much. I'm rounding out, but still have that B shape like everyone else. Just managing the stretch marks as much as possible with the cocoa butter lotion, which to be honest works wonders!!

With my daughter I started at 275 and I had the B shape for a while. This time around I started at 263 and definitely have that loose pouch on the bottom. I see the B Shape but not as much

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->