overweight and ttc

Im overweight as well! This is our 3rd month trying and wonder how much being overweight effects also.

I'm also worried because I'm overweight too.

Hopefully we will hear some positive stories soon :) I do know somebody who was very large and she conceived so it does happen.

we have a 9yr old and we were trying for ages and nothing was happening, i got to 106kgs went on optifast lost 21kgs in 5 months and felt sick on them and thought wait up tested and BFP my daughter is now 3, so we were trying all that time with nothing and then i lost the weight and bam pregnant so i think yes it can help to lose it

im now trying again (well have been again since she was born basically) i again have gained back a heap of weight so ifm im not pregnant this cycle gonna start back on my shakes, im not allowed on birth control so i am always at risk of pregnancy but just doesnt happen, for some reason my body likes to be in the 80s ranges to fall pregnant

yea i think its just some people as i no a few people who are much heavier then me and get pregnant straight away to. and whats gets me worse is the husbands drink and smoke and still concieve where as hubby and I dont drink nor smoke at all lol

I am quite overweight, not ideal but there it is. I conceived on our first month trying with my dd. I had a relatively trouble free pregnancy. I did get carpal tunnel quite badly but no diabetes or anything like that. I was also expecting a big baby as this is what I had read but she came out a dinky 6lbs 4oz. Yes she has had some issues since birth but this is genetic and nothing to do with my weight whilst pregnant with her. I know that being a healthy weight is the ideal for conceiving and pregnancy but being overweight does not always equal problems x

My BMI is around 29, so in the overweight but not obese category. I'm 33. There's only been 3 cycles in my life where I've had unprotected sex during the fertile period.... and each time I've conceived. My children have both been born around the 50th centile and I've had no problems during pregnancy, other than the MMC which was likely a random event of nature.

Personally no. In fact at my booking my midwife commented how unfair the BMI scale is in calling me "over weight".

I think a lot of it comes down to insensitive health professionals. There are raised risks from being overweight and the bigger you are the greater those risks are. But they are a risk not a certainty and risks can be off set by other positive factors. There are ways to talk to women about weight issues without being rude, but it seems a lot of professionals haven't yet worked it out.

I know from spending a lot of time chatting to home-birthers that women can get a lot of hostility when planning their births especially if their BMI is over 35.

Im quite over weight... by a lot..

ive been trying to conceive since December.. and still no bfp.. but i`ve lost 20lbs since May.. so im doing something about upping my chances..

would love to hear some positive stories.. Im loosing hope.

Thank you :) Thats if i ovulate tho.. as ince gaining weight ive not been exactly regular..

I have a doctors appointment.. its a registration medical type thing.. so im going to mention that i don't always ovulate just in-case they offer any help ... Im also going to take my slimming world book to show my weight loss.. so the doctor cant dismiss me with a simple... just loose weight...

I'm overweight (actually classed as obese on the bmi scale) but weigh less than before I was pregnant with my dd and I had no problems relating to my weight during my pregnancy with her (I had SPD but that isn't weight related) Passed the GTT test with flying colours, my blood pressure was always fine and I didn't gain any weight other than the baby, placenta etc. DD was a large baby (9lbs 4oz) but then so was I (11lbs 4oz!) and my sister (9lbs 4oz same as DD) and my mum was very slim before she got pregnant with us so I reckon that's a family thing not related to the mother's weight. I'm hoping to lose some more weight before we fall pregnant again but i'm not delaying ttc for it.

I just hated the idea of it getting to December and me not being turned away and simply told just loose some weight.. so this way i can say ...already on that.. :)

did any of you see the uk programme one born every minuet plus sized mums... i watched it and it petrified me :S

Hi there, I've been trying to conceive for awhile now with no luck. I am definitely overweight. My BMI was calculated to be 34 at the doctors recently. I just started my first round of clomid today since I have irregular cycles and anovulatory cycles. I know my weight is the main issue with my cycles. I lost 70 pounds for my wedding 2 years ago and everything worked like clockwork then. I have started watching what I eat and going on hour long bike rides with DH in hopes to lose weight again.

Good luck to everyone and I hope we all see a :bfp: soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->