overweight and ttc

I tried soy for 2 cycles and it did absolutely nothing for me. FX it works for you MaybeBaby1013! I've heard so many positive things about it. I might have just been one of the unlucky ones with soy.

Hey everyone!

I am quite overweight and ttc but have not been trying every month been just seeing what happens...

I have mild pcos as well and got told I have a cyst on my right side but it is small and losing weight will help me (easier said than done!!)

My cycles are pretty irregular and this month is one of the worst at the moment! Spotted and bled for 9 days and when I finished I felt like I was due to come on again, bloated, cramping etc!

Now I am on cycle day 16 and still don't feel right and to make matters painful I keep getting told by friends their pregnant when they haven't even tried and I am like.."Huh!?"

dont you hate it when friends put up pics and you see how heavy and big you really are :(
i went to a bday party and i just seen the pics im devoed,
i am doing soy this cycle currently in 2 weeks wait,
i said if im not pregnant im going back on shakes as my cycle was more regular as i lost weight to and now have re gained, i need to lose about 50kgs im not sure what i am now in weight actually but i will get on next week when i start shakes
im abot 9dpo today and i think im gonna be smart about it and lose weight again then ttc so i dont get high bp etc, as with my previous 2 pregnancies i was about 85kg got to 100 pregnant then back to 90 when bubs out, now back to near 120 :(

First time mama: I'm so sorry for your loss :(, wishing you lots of luck for your bfp! Congratulations for losing all that weight, all the ladies on this thread have given me so much inspiration to lose weight and its lovely to see so much dedication to get the little one we all dream of.

Thank you. It sucks, but we are okay. Every day is a little better (well most!). It's been a lot of hard work losing the weight, but it is so worth it. It feels like I'm doing SOMETHING while all I can do is wait if that makes sense.

I don't think you necessarily have to stop to lose weight. My doctor told me I could continue to lose weight while I was pregnant if I wanted to. I wasn't comfortable with it so I didn't, but she Is an amazing doctor and wouldn't let me do anything unsafe. We are still trying while I'm eating healthy trying to lose weight. Lots of times, a small loss of just 5-10% of your body weight triggers ovulation. I don't want to miss my chance any time, so we are going for it all the time :) Hubby is very positive and optimistic that it will happen for us because it happened once. I'm sure he is right, but I hope he is right SOON! :) Low carb seems to work well for me. I aim for 100-130 grams/day. And I count calories. I use an app on my phone called "Lose It". It's great. I used it last time, too.

I don't think you necessarily have to stop to lose weight. My doctor told me I could continue to lose weight while I was pregnant if I wanted to. I wasn't comfortable with it so I didn't, but she Is an amazing doctor and wouldn't let me do anything unsafe. We are still trying while I'm eating healthy trying to lose weight. Lots of times, a small loss of just 5-10% of your body weight triggers ovulation. I don't want to miss my chance any time, so we are going for it all the time :) Hubby is very positive and optimistic that it will happen for us because it happened once. I'm sure he is right, but I hope he is right SOON! :) Low carb seems to work well for me. I aim for 100-130 grams/day. And I count calories. I use an app on my phone called "Lose It". It's great. I used it last time, too.

I think you're right about the 5-10% of body weight reduction being a real help. 35 lbs for me was 10% of my body weight and it was around 30lbs lost that I started spotting for a whole week in April, then got my period back completely and the last three periods have been 35 days apart as I've kept losing. I just hope you're right about the ovulation. I haven't been able to get a positive OPK yet. I only test twice per day though.

traylee01- I SO know what you mean. I am going to a wedding in a week and I am not looking forward to the photos. The outfit I am wearing isn't the mist slimming :wacko:

I use myfitnesspal.com for my calorie counting. I love it and I love the community there. I have a lot of buddies on there that help keep me on track.

Thanks! :) I did fairly lousy today. Ugh! My mother-in-law makes dinner most Sunday evenings for the family and it's SO good and usually SO bad.. lol

I am very overweight I weighed myself on the scale yesterday 265:nope: when I was pregnant with my son I weight 200 pounds and that was 6 years ago. I'm hoping my weight will not affect me TTC #2. I know I have high cholesterol, it's not high enough to need medication though, My Dr. told me if I lost weight my cholesterol would go down, also have a fatty liver as I got my gallbladder removed in 2006, so now I don't have that extra filter and being overweight and eating the way I do causes most of the fat to go straight to my liver. But I have been replacing breakfast with a soy meal replacement shake, Hoping to drop the 65 pounds I gained.

Young mommy: good luck on your journey this thread is very supportive :)
First time mama: oo Sunday dinner is always yummy and a treat every now and again never hurts!

thank you very much. It's nice to have support. that's the problem I have though, I allow myself to have a treat and then I just lose control. That is something I need to work on.

I just wanted to tell you beautiful ladies not to stress to much, I am a big ol girl, just stepped on scale at my 12 week appt & I weigh 279lbs 5'6, and I have lost 13 pounds in my 1st trimester so far. I am pregnant with # 5 and I have never had any health issues during any of my pregnancies. I was pregnant with my 1st at 19, weighing about 222 lbs, and now I am 34 and weigh 279, so really I have been fat with all of them. All pregnancies were normal, healthy and normal deliveries. As someone said being overweight does not automatically equal health issues/pregnancy issues. Dont let anyone let you feel that way either, wether medical professional or not!

I'm 5'9 and when I started ttc I was 245lbs and I started eating more clean and exercising every day I'm now 200-205 and got pregnant twice since I lost weight (but lost both my loves). Before I lost weight I never even got a maybe bfp, being healthier really helps..still a work in progress. Good luck girls :hugs:

Thanks for the encouraging words ladies! I am having some pretty promising symptoms this month! i'm 10DPO today and had a dream last night that I took a test and it was positive. Hoping it's a sign. Sending lots of love and sticky baby dust to all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->