overweight and ttc

I just hated the idea of it getting to December and me not being turned away and simply told just loose some weight.. so this way i can say ...already on that.. :)

did any of you see the uk programme one born every minuet plus sized mums... i watched it and it petrified me :S

I hated that programme, first time I have actually taken offence watching something n TV (I don't offend easily). The mothers on that programme were treated like pariahs for daring to get pregnant when fat. I didn't experience anything like it. In fact when I told my midwife I had lost weight at my 12 week appointment she told me off, albeit gently. They couldn't do the NT test at the 12 week scan due to my BMI, this was on my notes but I wasn't made to feel uncomfortable at all by the sonographer. The only slight attitude I got was from the consultant when I was in labour. I was mean to have a home birth but had to go in to hospital because I failed to progress. He said it nicely but he did basically say I was silly for thinking I could have a home birth because of the increased risks when you have a big mother and big baby! Huh!! I felt like finding him the following day and presenting my massive 6lb 4 oz baby to him, cheeky b@stard lol.

It was really all fine though so please don't worry x

Comet I'm really pleased for you. Good luck xx

I'm still waiting for af to come back after only taking cerazette for a month. It's really messed my cycle up :(

Maisie 78: thank you! What is cerazette if you don't mind me asking? I would love a water birth if all goes well!
Nd taber: I do as well! My first month using them ,started temping Thursday morning too x

Wow, we are basically on the same cycle right now! How long are yours normally?

Mine are wacky. Some last 33 days, some last 60+. My last cycle ended on cd 58 thanks to provera. I am hoping the clomid I am taking makes my cycle normal.

Thanks. I know it is because of my weight. Like I said before, when I went from 250 to 188 for my wedding, my cycles were spot on every month. Every 33 days BAM! AF showed up. Since I gained 25 lbs back, my cycles went right back to how they were at 250.

I am super hoping losing the weight again normalizes me and lets me catch that sticky bean.

I never picked up a LH serge this month.. but ive had more EWCM than Ever before so im just going to hope for the best and maybe i missed it while testing :S... So i guess im in the tww AF is due on the 20th :) x

Its easy to miss the surge from what I've read. I guess the surge can come and go in a hour is come cases.

It's my first month taking soy. I just took my first dose about half an hour ago. I'm doing 160mg days 3-7. Hoping for little to no side affects. I used to be a vegetarian and ate tons of soy products and never had any issues. I know it's stronger in pill form though.

Whoops, I thought I was posting in the soy thread! But I am overweight and TTC too! I've lost 42 pounds but would need to lose like 90 more to be in a normal weight range. I lost my period about three years ago and got it back 4 cycles in a row now that I've lost the 42 pounds.

I'm overweight and TTC. I took BCP for 4 years and stopped in Jan 2012. Had a period on Jan, March, & June of 2012. Was told I had PCOS in August & to lose weight. Lost 20 pounds and found out we were pregnant in October 2012. Had no problems with my pregnancy at all.. BP was up a tad, but I have high BP to start with well controlled with meds. Our little guy was 7 and a half pounds. He was still born due to a cord problem that is very rare and not related to anything. I gained 40 pounds with my pregnancy. I have lost all but 3 so I'm almost where I was when I started trying the last time. We are trying now.. hopefully we will get a BFP soon!! I'm still eating a lower carb diet trying to lose weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->