Overweight or obese and TTC?

Glowbug

Reaction score
Hey girls!
I google info on getting pregnant overweight or obese and all I get is negative crap! On sites like these no one usually wants to come out and say it for fear of being judged about being unhealthy! Just wondering if anyone else wanted a chubby buddy?  or if anyone overweight or obese had any encouraging stories?I've lost 30lbs now so please no rude comments. I eat very healthy and am very active. I'm just wondering if this will ever happen for my husband and I....

Hi Glowbug, I thought I'd put in my 2 cents and let you know that I have been wondering the same thing also. I have a 2 year old son that I got pregnant for on the first month trying and at the time I was overweight, 209lbs and had irregular periods, usually ranging from 35-50 day cycles. I just happened to have thought that I was ovulating the one day cause I felt a pinch and cramp on the side, we had sex and 12 days later a positive test. Anyhow since his birth we have not used any protection and have not gotten pregnant again. We have really been trying the past 1/2 year, having sex every 2nd or 3rd day cause I am never sure when I ovulate anymore. But nothing. I do weight more then I did then, 225lbs, but the doc has ruled out PCOS. I just continue to be irregular which I think has alot to do with being overweight perhaps. It is beyond frustrating. My Hubby and I both are hoping it will eventually happen naturally, but I'm losing hope. But it did happen before and has happened for many ppl I know

Hi hun, I'm currently ttc and am overweight.... I'm about 16 and a half stones.... Me and my partner have also been ttc for 2 years now and so far no luck..... I know if I can get my weight down my periods are more regular, however I also suffer with major back problems, so I cant exercise much..... I know my sister was really quite large when she feel pregnant with my nephew so it is possible.... I just keep my fingers crossed and try to keep my hopes up. Im currently trying to loose weight but its almost impossible...... :hugs:

Hey prettykitty 
Thanks for sharing your story! That's great that at least you can have kids!!! I agree weight is an issue. Estrogen is in fat so most obese people or overweight can be estrogen dominant and have low progesterone! Thanks so much for posting. We've been trying for two years and a few months and I'm wondering if I can have kids

hey Emily! I feel your pain. My sister is also
Large and got pregnant twice now good luck to you!!!
Hope you get pregnant really soon!
Do you have an LP defect?

I got pregnant on the first try when I was 34 and 45 lbs overweight. I had weight and age working against me and it happened. The only issue I had was my BP raised some, but not a lot, and I did have to have a c-section. The section could have been caused by a tilted uterus, age giving birth for the first time, or the extra weight gained from being pregnant. I did gain 55 pounds :blush: and highly suggest if you're overwight to begin with that you watch your weight unlike I did. :)

Oh, and my cousin was over 100 lbs overweight and got pregnant twice in her late 20's/early 30's and gave birth naturally to very healthy baby girls.

I would love to be buddies! I am on CD 26, have PCOS and yes am overweight. DH and I had been NTNP until I hurt my back 2 years ago, then we had to go to not trying. But now we're back to full on TTC for our 2nd cycle!! I took Soy Iso CD 5-9, but do not have a confirmed temp ovulation yet. My body, however, gave all the signs of ovulation a week ago, so IDK.

Congratulations on the weight loss that's awesome!! Keep at it, I know you can make it to your goals :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hi! :flower:

Im TTC and overweight. I am eating healthy and just started excercising (i fought my fear and went to the gym!) but im having a hard time losing the weight.

x

Mandapanda! Welcome! Sorry about your back injury. Hope it doesn't still bother you. I took soy this cycle too. Sounds like you'll be testing soon huh?
Hope you get that BFP!!! If you have PCOS and are overweight. I wonder has your doctor offered to put you on metformin??

Massy!!! Good for you! Have you been able to concieve overweight before?
Hope you get that BFP soon!!!!

Hey
I have pcos n am over weight. Im on a diet n ttc at same time, iv lost 23lb in 5 wks. I cant exercise as had a car crash n hurt my back n i have a dizzi prob aswell. The doc wont give me clomid to help me ov untill iv lost a few stone. So at the mo tryin agnus castus n epo, im on first mth, cd12 n no pos opk yet, im hopin i wont have a long cycle n i do ov, fingers crossed.
Xx

hey Emily! I feel your pain. My sister is also
Large and got pregnant twice now good luck to you!!!
Hope you get pregnant really soon!
Do you have an LP defect?

Thanks hun, what is an lp defect? never heard of it tbh.... lol. :shrug:

I didn't even get my IUD removed until I had lost 50 pounds. Still overweight, but much healthier and heading down the right track. I was heavier than I am now by about 15 pounds when I got pg with son #2 and had gestational diabetes and preeclampsia, so it was very important for me to lose weight before trying again, and hopefully lose some more before actually getting pregnant again.

I am overweight by a few stone and TTC #1 :)
I have PCOS and have been perscribed Metformin to accordingly help with my weight (but not seeing any benifits from it to be honest).

I hate when people judge you for being over weight and TTC, we are all entitled to the same things in life that the average weight people have, so why should I be judged for trying for a child at this size. People probably look at me and think that all I do is scoff my face with sweets and fatty foods but they don't know the half of my battle to loose weight. Don't get me wrong I do like to treat myself but I eat healthier than most people I know but struggling to get any more weight off (I have lost 3 stone so far and have now been stuck at this mark for over a year).

I got pregnant at this weight so I know my weight isnt effecting it much but obviously could be better with me being a bit lighter.

My auntie is a large woman and conceived easily so I know there's hope for me also (Hope that didnt come out as being nasty to my aunties size as I am not in any position to call anyone) :dohh:

Hey ladies, mind if I join you? I think this is the thread for me!

I'm 29, have pcos and am hugely over weight. Have lost 20lbs in the last couple of months and want to lose at least 40lbs in the next 6 months. I am on metformin

I was doing really well on the diet, then my cycle got all mucked up again and so I got despondent and naughty food wise! Back on the diet now though.

I know plenty of people, some bigger than me that got a bfn and went on to have a healthy baby, so it can happen and WILL happen for us too x

Hi all,

You open for another person to join?!

I too am overweight and TTC #1. the annoying fact for me is that i was a pretty average weight whilst on the pill but when i came off it i put on nearly 3 stone and then a bit. i currently weigh 17st 5lbs but am taking tablets to reduce my appetite - not that eating too much is my problem. i came off the pill and just ballooned and my Dr said this was normal as i never put on weight when i went on the pill - WTF!

Been TTC since May 10 with no success, i've had a scan for PCOS and there was no issues and hubby has also had SA and his results came back good so i really dont know what to do. My cycles are anywhere between 47 and 88 days long so am just hoping loosing weight will help this x

Staceyw10 welcome of cors u can join.
Yeh im the same i was normal weight wen on pill, but wen i came off i put on weight, i do have pcos n the fertility doc said thats not normal to put on weight wen comin off the pill, n he said i need to lose weight b4 he will help us.
Annoyin hey
xx

Its very annoying, especially when you know people who were thinner than you that then put on a lot of weight and got bigger than you and then had an accidental BFP!!

GRRRR!

Makes me want to scream sometimes, if i knew i would have this trouble i would have come off the pill a few years ago!

Yeh i no
Jus found out my cousin got his 20 yr old gf preg, n it wasnt planned, n there is all of us tryin to get preg n it aint happenin, n tnen u have the weight issue to deal with.
Grrrr annoyin lol
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"