Overweight or obese and TTC?

Haven't been on here for a few weeks and have just been catching up...

Congrats to all that have got their BFP! I got mine a couple of days ago and attempting to stay sensible and not get too excited as it's very early days.

So don't any of you lovely ladies get disheartened, you'll all get there :)

Oh and thank you to caity86 for the book recommendation too xx

I'm obese!
When I got pregnant with my daughter I was 220lbs. I gained 70 pounds during pregnancy and I've never lost it :$
I'm currently just over 300lbs and NTNP.
Other than this cycle, I've always been regular, bang on time.
I don't think that being obese means anything tbh. Just like being a smoker.
As long as you take care of yourself, eat well, etc.

Good luck babe xx

Thanks to the preggies for the awesome success stories!!!

Super encouraging!!! Congrats!!!!

Any of my chubby sisters here on chlomid?

I am :) This is my 4th round of Clomid 50mg
When I had my son 10 years ago, I was around 190 when I got pregnant with him naturally. Now I am 205 and I'm 5'1" tall. I am in 16W-18 jeans and 1X size. I have been thinking if this cycle comes out to be BFN and AF comes I might try the OTC Alli and chance getting the poops when I eat. I have been trying to watch my food intake with sparkpeople.com. So far, nothing has come off in 2 weeks since I started using it.

Hi all! :flower:
I'm 230lbs and ttc no. 3. I'm 5'4" so horrible Bmi!
That said, I'm the same weight I was as when I conceived both DDs so I'm not overly concerned about that other than the thought of the first mw appt (which I'll probably try to put off when I finally get my bfp!!)
Only negative experiences I had was a complete aversion to my having a homebirth with both children. The first I got pre-eclampsia so fair enough, the second was a big baby but I still delivered her naturally and got up to have a shower an hour later so if /when I'm blessed with a BFP this time, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be fighting against the "fattists!!"
So glad there's a thread like this - sometimes you can feel so alone!
Nice to meet you all! FX'd for all our BFPs before 2011 is done!!!
Xxx

I keep getting told to lose weight by the FS and I am 5ft 7 and weigh 13st 3lbs (185lbs).

Starting to get very annoyed getting fobbed off. My BMI is 29 and I have already lost 50lbs!

Frustrating.... :(

x

I dont understand how your doctor doesnt see your current height and weight as acceptable! You have done amazingly well at losing weight and probably feel like a new woman! Your doctor is an idiot!:hugs:

I keep getting told to lose weight by the FS and I am 5ft 7 and weigh 13st 3lbs (185lbs).

Starting to get very annoyed getting fobbed off. My BMI is 29 and I have already lost 50lbs!

Frustrating.... :(

x

I dont understand how your doctor doesnt see your current height and weight as acceptable! You have done amazingly well at losing weight and probably feel like a new woman! Your doctor is an idiot!:hugs:

I agree! From what I've read, the most fertile women have a BMI between 20 and 29.

Hi everyone! Just found this thread and thought I'd join.

I'm 22, 300lb and 5'9". (Carry my weight mostly in my stomach. Causes huge problems when buying pants, lol.) Hubby and I are TTC #1. I just started agnus castus to regulate AF, so we will see how that goes.

Aside from being "obese" (no really, just call me fat, lol.) I have possible PCOS, but I'm pretty healthy otherwise. PERFECT blood pressure, no troubles with anything else. I just went off caffeine cold turkey (4 days now) because I know drinking soda is one of my main weight problem things. I used to drink like 7 a day, but weaned myself down to about 3 a day, and then went off them completely.

Hoping for a BFP soon. :)

Hi everyone! Just found this thread and thought I'd join.

I'm 22, 300lb and 5'9". (Carry my weight mostly in my stomach. Causes huge problems when buying pants, lol.) Hubby and I are TTC #1. I just started agnus castus to regulate AF, so we will see how that goes.

Aside from being "obese" (no really, just call me fat, lol.) I have possible PCOS, but I'm pretty healthy otherwise. PERFECT blood pressure, no troubles with anything else. I just went off caffeine cold turkey (4 days now) because I know drinking soda is one of my main weight problem things. I used to drink like 7 a day, but weaned myself down to about 3 a day, and then went off them completely.

Hoping for a BFP soon. :)

You sound EXACTLY like me. I'm 23 (almost 24), 295 lb and 5'9". I feel like I carry my weight pretty evenly though and I do have quite a bit of muscle. I also believe I have PCOS. A clinic doctor once told me that I likely have it so I count that as a "diagnosis" but I'm not being treated for it.

^Yeah, I have/had a few of the symptoms, so I would imagine that's what I've got.

Though, I could also have had triclosan poisoning. (Triclosan is an anti-bacterial agent in a lot of body wash/facial cleansers/hand soap, causes reproductive issues.) I stopped using anything w/ triclosan in it 3 months ago, and AF returned this month. Might be coincidence, but might not. lol Whichever, I'll be staying away from triclosan in the future, for sure!

^Yeah, I have/had a few of the symptoms, so I would imagine that's what I've got.

Though, I could also have had triclosan poisoning. (Triclosan is an anti-bacterial agent in a lot of body wash/facial cleansers/hand soap, causes reproductive issues.) I stopped using anything w/ triclosan in it 3 months ago, and AF returned this month. Might be coincidence, but might not. lol Whichever, I'll be staying away from triclosan in the future, for sure!

Oh, I've never heard of that. I'm definitely gonna look into that. I've never been an "anti-bacteria" freak but my mom was for several years.

I just noticed you're from Indiana - so am I! I'm from the Evansville area. It's always cool to meet fellow Hoosiers on forums like this. :happydance:

^Ahh! Cool! I'm from Frankfort. Well, technically Kokomo, but I live in Frankfort now. :)

hey girlies :) just wanted to check in and say hello :flower:
I havent managed to lose any weight this last month!! how crap is that lol. iv been emotionally eating tbh. I also think Im pregnant as Im late and got a very faint bfp on 20th of sept, but now getting bfns.... Im so annoyed my doc wont even entertain the idea of me being pregnant he was like, ' well at your size and the meds your on I want you to wait until mid october, test again, and come back' im like 'WTF?? MID OCTOBER????' the dude dont get Im a crazy ttc-er and mid october might as well be 2015 to me. well anyhoo if I am pg I would be 5w 4d today and I swear my uterus feels firm,im tired all the time, my af is a big no show, my cm is quite thick if I have any, Im cramping a lot which actually kinda worries me, im not sure whats goin on but still bfn.... Do I sound crazy? I must sound crazy but I swear these symptoms arent in my mind ppl have commented and everything lol Im so lost!!xxxxx

Wait a week and test again, and then if AF is still no show, go back? I think it's kind of bull that he won't even do like a blood test for you just to be certain. It's not like it would hurt anything to do one!

Good luck honey. <3

Caity I sure hope you are honey then you can go to your doctors and give him a big middle finger!!!

well anyhoo if I am pg I would be 5w 4d today and I swear my uterus feels firm,im tired all the time, my af is a big no show, my cm is quite thick if I have any, Im cramping a lot which actually kinda worries me, im not sure whats goin on but still bfn.... Do I sound crazy? I must sound crazy but I swear these symptoms arent in my mind ppl have commented and everything lol Im so lost!!xxxxx

Throw in some sore boobs and your symptoms are the same as mine, and I've had a series of bfp's now, so I'm in no doubt there's something cooking in there.

Have you tried different tests? Maybe a different brand would work better for you?

I've used internet cheapies and a clearblue digital so far.

Fingers crossed for you m'dear xx

Congratulations Vixx!
Hope things turn around and you get your BFP again caity86

Ok I haven't posted on here in awhile. Caught up with life. Anyway. So I believe I am 18dpo. Af was expected 4 days ago. And af is usually only 4 days for me. So I have now entirely missed my period. My boobs were sore fore the standard two weeks starting the day I o'd. But last wednesday my boobs werent all that sore but my nipples were and still are very tender and sensitive. I've been having mild af like cramps (only I normally don't get cramps with af and never before) and I've had clear thin vaginal discharge for two days now. Also have been having bouts of nausea. Mainly when my stomach is getting empty and its very intense but brief. I tested this morning and of course bfn. Just like any other time I've thought I was pg. And I would immeadiatly dismiss all my symptoms and say it must just be pcos BUT there is the discharge which I've never had before. And i'm like 90% sure I o'd and dh and I had sex that day. Ugh. Night before last I barely slept bc of anxiety dreams about testing. Last night I was having anxiety attacks about it. And so I haven't left the comfort of my bed since testing this morning. I feel stupid for hoping. And even more stupid for still hoping after a bfn.

Hello all! I am TTC again after our MC. I am overweight and my Dr never said anything about me being overweight. She said she would see me when I got pregnant again and was very positive.

Ok I haven't posted on here in awhile. Caught up with life. Anyway. So I believe I am 18dpo. Af was expected 4 days ago. And af is usually only 4 days for me. So I have now entirely missed my period. My boobs were sore fore the standard two weeks starting the day I o'd. But last wednesday my boobs werent all that sore but my nipples were and still are very tender and sensitive. I've been having mild af like cramps (only I normally don't get cramps with af and never before) and I've had clear thin vaginal discharge for two days now. Also have been having bouts of nausea. Mainly when my stomach is getting empty and its very intense but brief. I tested this morning and of course bfn. Just like any other time I've thought I was pg. And I would immeadiatly dismiss all my symptoms and say it must just be pcos BUT there is the discharge which I've never had before. And i'm like 90% sure I o'd and dh and I had sex that day. Ugh. Night before last I barely slept bc of anxiety dreams about testing. Last night I was having anxiety attacks about it. And so I haven't left the comfort of my bed since testing this morning. I feel stupid for hoping. And even more stupid for still hoping after a bfn.

Oh hun I hate the anxiety of waiting, and its impossible to NOT get your hopes up every month! I hope your BFP is just hiding and being shy!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->