Overweight(pre-pregnancy itself).. Anyone??

And I'm not dieting anymore,I don need to. All my voracious appetite has disappeared and the just the sight of food makes me nauseous. Very little is going into my tummy now. But I can tolerate fruits,thank God! And now fruits are the ones keepin me walkin..

I'm quite overweight myself. Despite recently losing pounds due to diet and exercise I still have a good 60-65 pounds to lose before I am at a healthy BMI. I lost 25 pounds over the last year, gained back about 5 lb before getting pg this time and I've only gained 4 pounds so far in 12 weeks. I was even heavier when I got pg with both of my kids. Not ONCE did my doctor ever say my weight was going to cause for concern with my pregnancies. I have not tested positive for hypertension or GD or anything. My only pg complications have been from low progesterone levels. And, through healthy food choices (LOTS of fruits and veggies, stuck with leaner proteins when I could, and just watched my carbs a bit more) and moderate exercise (walking mostly), I kept my weight gain with both of my kids at 20 pounds. So don't worry.

I am wayyy overweight pre preggie...about 100 lbs according to what is ideal for my height... but I never had any problems with Pre-e or GD with LO and even this time havent with the twins..I gained 8lbs over pre preggie weight with her and am 30weeks with the twins and just now 5-6lbs over pre preggie weight....I eat what I want and dont get any exercise because of my SPD and stuff and my dr said Im the healthiest of his twin pregnancy patients that he has now and Ive seen the others and atleast a few of them are normal size is not on the skinnier side..that made me feel better that being overweight isnt just an automatic bad pregnancy outlook....

MrsJerome the pic of your little girl is darling!! Congrats on twins! Thanks for sharing your story too. :)

I am wayyy overweight pre preggie...about 100 lbs according to what is ideal for my height... but I never had any problems with Pre-e or GD with LO and even this time havent with the twins..I gained 8lbs over pre preggie weight with her and am 30weeks with the twins and just now 5-6lbs over pre preggie weight....I eat what I want and dont get any exercise because of my SPD and stuff and my dr said Im the healthiest of his twin pregnancy patients that he has now and Ive seen the others and atleast a few of them are normal size is not on the skinnier side..that made me feel better that being overweight isnt just an automatic bad pregnancy outlook....

just reading ur site, what a precious lil girl:flower:

I started my pregnancy at 218lbs, and I'm at 227lbs now. I passed my GTT and my blood pressure's been normal so far.

Just took my early gtt yesterday and 16 and 6, so hopefully it comes back ok. I'm at 8 lbs gained and my CNM actually said,"your weight looks really good." First time I've heard that in years, lol.

Just took my early gtt yesterday and 16 and 6, so hopefully it comes back ok. I'm at 8 lbs gained and my CNM actually said,"your weight looks really good." First time I've heard that in years, lol.

That sure is good to hear:) Your gtt'll come back just fine :)

Hello girls!
How're you all doing?
Well,I had my doctor's appointment yesterday. Had 2 high values of blood pressure recorded. Doctor(and my friends in B&B <3 ) assured me that nothing is wrong and that she could read my tension from my face,but I'm supposed to go for a follow-up to be sure.

The good thing about y'days appt is that I found I haven't gained weight :yipee: and have in fact lost 3pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight :happydance: . The doctor did a quick ultrasound scan and told me the baby is doing well and has the needed weight. I'm thrilled :cloud9:

Was over weight before pregnancy, had to have the GD test but it all came back fine. I think i put on just about a stone during pregnancy But it wasn't through trying to keep my weight down, to be honest I expected to put on enough to not be able to get through the door!! Lol. I have a few friends who were heavily overweight beige pregnancy and didn't develop any problems because of it. I think u generally try to eat a bit more healthily during pregnancy anyway. Honestly, try not to stress out about it and just enjoy ur pregnacy. Congratulations and good luck with everything :)
Ps my biggest fear was having a huge baby (kinda thinking mammas a big girl, maybe LO will be too?!) but ended up having a dink-6lb3oz!!

despttc, how did you manage to loose your weight? Have you been just healthy eating? I'm considered obese. I'm only 6+5 but i'm scared i will gain too much weight as with my other two pregnancies i gained quite a lot of weight. I want to avoid gaining weight this time around and it's making me very nervous!

Mama2Connor,
To be truthful,I had thought I gained weight as tummy was getting bigger. I guess my change in food habits helped. I stopped all kinds of fried foods altogether. included a lot of fruits in my diet. Stopped visits to fastfood joints. Although I blabber so much,I'm not sure this no-weight-gain thing will last till the end of pregnancy :-(

I started this pg at 216 and am 208 now at nearly 13 weeks. I didn't change my eating habits much, have actually eaten more and not super healthy as M/S has kicked my butt. I'm hoping to eat healthier the rest of the pg once I don't feel so gaggy all the time.

By God's grace,I didn't have much m/s except for a very few days. My SIL had very severe m/s till around 17weeks and lost a lot of weight,around 12.

My pre-preg weight was 165,now 162.

Dear whitesoxfan,hope your nausea settles. :)

by 28wks id put on 2lb from 28 weeks-37 weeks iv put on 32lb :argh:

Hi, my BMI is about 35 (or at last it was at the beginning of my last pregnancy) I weigh a little less now but not much.

I had a straight forward pregnancy, few check ups more than usual needed but no issues, and straight forward quick birth, no pain killers and 9 hrs start to finish, pushing for 34 minutes. PLEASE DO NOT LET PEOPLE SCARE YOU

by 28wks id put on 2lb from 28 weeks-37 weeks iv put on 32lb :argh:

I guess that is most likely to happen to me as I'm going to my parent's place:cry:. Planning to stay there until about 2 months after delivery. My parents stuff me up with food everytime I visit them,and I doubt this time they will change:nope:

Your DD looks beautiful:baby: Congrats:flower:

hello ladies

congratulations to you all. i am 5 weeks pregnant and i am considered obese. before i got pregnant i was on a diet and exercising. Now my husband is telling me i should lose weihgt during pregnancy, i read somewhere that it is not ideal to be on a diet and to lose weight during pregnancy, this morning he told me that he is warning me, i should lose weight or he will go look for a slimmer girl. This stresses me, I am emotional and i dont know what to do. I fear for my unborn child. Has anyone lost weight during their pregnancy and the baby came out fine?

I'm sorry he's being that way Miraclebaba. :( My ex told me when I was very thin (122lbs at 5'6") that if I gained weight he wouldn't be attracted to me. There is no excuse for that type of mental abuse and threats. ESPECIALLY when you're pregnant and hormonal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->