Overweight(pre-pregnancy itself).. Anyone??

Miracele Whitesoxfan is right! I am sorry you are having to deal with that! It isn't healthy to go on your average diet while pregnant. But you can make sure to eat healthy and can exercise. I have lost about 10 lbs (17 weeks 2 days now) with out doing much. I don't try super hard to eat healthier, but I do water aerobics 3 times a week for an hour. I hope you guys get things figured out. We will be here for you!

What I understand is that dieting by severely restricting your calories is not good, a big no no. But you can limit yourself to aprox 2000- 2300 calories a day (check with your doctor and/or nutritionist -most insurance companies cover it!) and only eat healthy foods, raw, as close to what the earth gives us as possible. Think: veggies, fruit, fish, nuts...limited whole grain bread products, dairy, & red meat, nothing doused in chemicals (like fast food, processed foods), fried nor empty calories.
This lifestyle Combined with Walking, swimming or water aerobics -you'll lose for sure, while your baby grows.
But, I'd do it for YOU and your baby, then tell ur OH that you think you'll start looking for a "bigger" man. His comment is way out of line! You are beautiful (in the pic!), trying to grow a healthy baby, and don't need that crap

I totally agree with whitesoxfan,whithearts and wish4baby. Eat healthy. Warn your partner about the effect on your baby if you severely diet. Remind him,that its with you that he should be in love with and not just your body. I think his reaction would have been just to the realisation of pregnancy and maybe its his coping mechanism to the news. Pls don't worry,this will pass when you take him to your scan and he watches your baby I believe

:hugs:

thank you so much ladies for your support. i spent the whole day yesterday crying. his behavior has not changed,i am home to cool down. i will spend some time here until he gets his senses back. i will keep you ladies updated and thank you again, i have taken your advises.

I've been told not to lose weight during pregnancy as well so I'm going to say the same thing the other ladies already have. If you eat right, do light exercise, and just take it day by day, your weight shouldn't go up too much. I hope things work out with your DH too. It's not good to have an added stress on yourself when you are pg. Thinking of you! :hugs:

I put on 3 stone and most came off instantly. So not all cases are you putting on weight when it's over a certain weight. But I am hoping not to put on as much this time. Doesn't look hopeful though lol

From 5 to 8+2 I gained two lbs. From 8+2 to 12+2 I lost 11 lbs in addition to the 2 I gained for a total of 13lbs in 4 weeks. No MS, just a complete lack of appetite and inability to eat a large portion. My OB expressed slight concern. Baby is doing great with a heart rate of 162 BPM. Gender scan in 6 weeks :)

Klandagi,
Hope your appetite gets better now that you're nearly in 2nd trimester. Do keep us updated after the gender scan

Will do guys!

My OB has actually stated she wants me to start drinking Ensure or something similar to make double sure I'm providing adequate nutrition to baby since I've lost such a hefty amount of weight so quickly. But between having zero appetite and being uncomfy due to constipation... Yeah... Food is the last thing on this big girl's mind.

MiracleBaba dont let your man's negativity mess up a good thing. You're pregnant and you need to look out for you and that baby, not him. My Ex was like that. Needless to say I have a wonderful husband and he got more attracted to me when I was pregnant. weird I know. I was 224 when I got pregnant with my first. I gave birth to her weighing 240. 6 weeks later I weighed 215. During that pregnancy I made sure to stick to the Low Glycemic diet as much as possible. (I might have had a treat once a week) when I had the GD test it came back normal and everything was good. Just make sure to avoid things that will make your blood sugars too high too often. And walk! I walked every night with my DH for the 2nd and 3rd trimester. It helps : )

I'm 20weeks today!! :wohoo:

I have my Anomaly(Anatomy) scan tomorrow. I'll be 20wks1day then. My abdomen is a little thick which I'm afraid might interfere with the scan. Hoping to get a proper view of all the organs. Staying Team Yellow,so not finding gender at the scan

My Anatomy scan is over :wohoo:

Baby is doing fine. All organs and limbs appear normal. He(or she) gave the ultrasonologist a hard time as he was rubbing her eyes with both hands,not allowing her to properly visualize the face and hands. She had to probe a lot to make baby move his hands. He looked absolutely gorgeous:kiss:
He's 11.5oz, heart rate of 141 beats per min <3 <3 <3

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

The sonologist was careful about not revealing the gender to us as she knew we wanted it to be a surprise,such a lovely lady :)

Glad your scan went so well! Fun that she let you keep it a surprise so well! If we had wanted a surprise I don't think we would have got one, it was obvious he was a boy before the lady doing the scan even said anything. :)

I am do well Desp! We are at 33 weeks! How crazy! Our babies will be here before we know it! How are you doing?

Whit, Bubba and me are fine :) Had a leaking scare episode a few days back and had to be hospitalized for some days. Still on strict bed rest:-(

In early pregnancy, 30+ weeks felt so far away. Its crazy that we're already 33weeks along :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->