overweight??

L

Luhweez

Took lexi to be weighed yesterday and shes 10lbs exactly at 6weeks is that overweight for her age??

Hannah weighed 11 pounds around 6 weeks and the doctor seems really happy with her :)

No, I think that is quite normal. All babies are different and it a lot depends on the birth weight of the baby. A baby that is born quite heavy will be much heavier at 6 weeks than a baby that was around 6/7 pounds at birth. I read somewhere that once the baby regains her birth weight, she should gain around 6 to 9 pounds a week (on average).

Tristan was nearly 10 pounds when he was born and he was 11 pounds and 2 ounces at 5 weeks! I had him weighed yesterday at 8 weeks and he weighed 12 pounds and 7 ounces.

I dont think thats over weight.. Jasmine was 6lbs 1oz at birth, and at 4weeks she was 8lbs 8oz... She likely isnt too far being lexi now.

my baby weighed 11.5lbs at one months old,lol
and the doctor was happy with it. he's a big boy but not fat/overweight

Took lexi to be weighed yesterday and shes 10lbs exactly at 6weeks is that overweight for her age??

NO definitely not. Don't worry about your LO's weight... If doctor think she is too big, I can guarantee he will say so!! As long as she is eating properly, things are fine. :hug:
EDIT: also want to add, Alexa was 10 pounds at one week!!! Remember, some newborn babies weigh that much lol

Sounds absolutly fine hun...im sure they would tell you if they had any concerns xx

Actually that sits perfectly on the 50th percentile. Completely average xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->