Ovulating late in cycle? Anyone?

berniegroves

A daughter and a son
Reaction score
Hi,

Last month was my first month TTC. I got a positive OPK on CD23 and my cycle ended on CD33.
This is my second month and i haven't had a positive OPK yet and no ewcm yet either. So i am assuming that i will get a positive opk around the same time as last month (trying to stay positive that my cycles will regulate).
But everything i have read says that most women ovulate around CD14-18. Is that the case?

Does anyone else ovulate late in the month? Are there any women who ovulate late in the month and have fallen pregnant?

Thanks ladies, i am just a bit of a worrier and this is all new to me,

x

No, it is not true that MOST women ovulate around CD14-18. And yes, even with regular cycles, it's possible to ovulate later (or earlier) every now and then. And there are plenty of women who fell pregnant during a very long cycle with very late ovulation.

Have you gone off BD recently? It just sounds like you're not entirely sure if your cycles are regular or not.

Hi,
I am not sure if my cycles are regular yet, as this is only the second month i have been off of the pill.
I am waiting to see when i get a positive opk this month and then when AF arrives to see if it is similar to last month etc.
x

Oh hun, then you really can't trust the calendar method for a while! After I got off the pill, my first 3 cycles were 30-31 days. And then it got all over the place, shortest 27, longest 44. And even if your cycles are going to be regular, there are very VERY few women out there who have it exactly the same. Usually it's 1-3 days give or take. And that's considered regular!

I am now on cycle #5 TTC and have had 4 cycles off BC they have been:

Cycle #1: 28 days long, Ovulated CD17, LP 11 days
Cycle #2: 28 days long, Ovulated CD17, LP 11days
Cycle #3: 28 days long, Ovulated CD18, LP 11 days
Cycle #4: 31 days long, Ovulated CD18, LP 13 days

I just got off the pill in August, and my cycles have been 38, 33, 35, 16, 34. I don't use opk's, but just going by cm, it seems like I o'd last cycle around cd 22, still about 12-14 days before af. I would think that o'ing consistently would be more important than how long your cycle or lp is. But correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that the luteal phase is important as the egg will need that time to implant if it has been fertilised.
Or at least thats what i think.

x

Hi.
Just wanted to let you know i have long, irregular cycles. i ov last cycle on cd51 and i have an lp of 10. so there is hope out there for ladies with long cycles...Also, some of us has a very short surge, so i did 2 opk's a day. i had the cbfm as well, but it stopped asking me for sticks as it went through 20 sticks without detecting ovulation. best of luck and loads of :dust:

Hi.
Just wanted to let you know i have long, irregular cycles. i ov last cycle on cd51 and i have an lp of 10. so there is hope out there for ladies with long cycles...Also, some of us has a very short surge, so i did 2 opk's a day. i had the cbfm as well, but it stopped asking me for sticks as it went through 20 sticks without detecting ovulation. best of luck and loads of :dust:

Hope.....I have had the same thing happen to me. I think I am long as well but the cbfm isn't catching it as I have met my "quota" of strips as well. I got the o strips from early-pregnancy-tests.com because I am worried that w/ the monitor I am "missing" or missed it. We'll see. I know my cycle is all over the place.

I REALLY need to start charting...but just can't get the nack of it down.

G/L Future mama's:happydance:

Hi
I have been off any combined pill for over 12 months and my cycles average 35 days but I regularly ovulate between cd18 & 20! I have been having periods since I was nine years old and have always had long cycles! Testing the only real way to be sure....

Good Luck
:dust:

Hi.

Hope.....I have had the same thing happen to me. I think I am long as well but the cbfm isn't catching it as I have met my "quota" of strips as well. I got the o strips from early-pregnancy-tests.com because I am worried that w/ the monitor I am "missing" or missed it. We'll see. I know my cycle is all over the place.

I REALLY need to start charting...but just can't get the nack of it down.

G/L Future mama's:happydance:

i would agree with the charting, i found it extremely helpful :) :dust:

Hi, my cycles are 31 days and I seem to ovulate on day 20 so quite late. I got my :bfp: today so I don't think it's a problem! ;)

Moolia and HopeforBump - congratulations on your BFP's! You have given me hope. How long were you both TTC?

I am currently on CD22 and still no positive OPK. I got a positive OPK on CD23 last month so am hoping it happens soon. But there is a small part of me that is freaking out about it all.

Thanks for all your responses

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"