Ovulating right after my period?!

shaaan1329

Reaction score
Me and my partner have been trying to conceive for a good few months now, however I have suddenly come to the realisation we may have been doing it all wrong! I have a regular 21 day cycle which is obviously shorter than most, this month we decided to start trying clear blue opk (the one with the smiley faces!)...the day after I finished my period (8th Feb) I we had sex and have had sex every day since. I took an ovulation test that day too which didn't indicate anything, I took another one yesterday which indicated high fertility and another today which indicated peak fertility. Now I am not sure if it is normal to ovulate this early after a period and I am worrying whether this will cause us problems?

I have done my research but I am kind of new and confused, wouldn't think mean that to be able for me to conceive we would have to have sex during my period? Any help or success stories would be appreciated. Thanks!

I personally don't ov immediately after my period but I do tend to ov earlier than the average day 14, I have on average a 24-25 day cycle but they can be all over the place sometimes.
It is completely possible to ov right after your period though, I have read on other forums many women saying they do and they successfully conceived. Although sperm can survive inside you for quite some time, I would have thought it would be harder during your period, so unless you are comfortable with having sex during, then it's fine to wait until your period has stopped. Aim to have sex up to and on the day you have a negative opk at least, and you should be fine I would think

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->