Ovulation after a miscarriage

beckyboo87

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Really hope someone can help me!!

I have been searching the internet and cannot seem to find a definate answer!
I have just had a miscarriage :( I was only 5 week pregnant but it is still a sad time, me and my partner want to try again.
I have heard that you are most fertile after a miscarriage so we want to start as soon as possible!!
The only this is..............
I cant seem to find any info on, when I will be ovulating and the best time to have sex to conceive.
I have heard that you ovulate straight away, and I have also heard that you ovulate 2week later, like the miscarriage was a period. So I am a little confused.

Can anyone help?

Thankyou soooooooooooooooooo much[/COLOR]

Hey hun sorry for your loss...:hugs: ive just had my 3rd m/c at 5 weeks and my cycles have always returned back to normal straight away. I ovulated cd12 after this m/c and got my af on cd24 as usual. Yes ive heard you are more fertile after m/c....good luck hun xxx:hugs:

Basically it depends on when your hcg returns to normal. That varies woman to woman. Once your hcg is gone, your body will get back into rhythm and ovulate. Maybe not the first cycle, but usually by the second one it resets :thumbup: I am 3 weeks past my loss at 4 months pg where hcg can be as high as 254,000. 2 days before my d&c it was 4000. I tested last night with an hpt and got a negative at 2w6d after d&c so mine returned to normal pretty quick. However, I have been using opk's this month and when I felt ovulation pains I was still getting a - opk. I think my body signalled for ovulation but didnt release an egg.. therefore making my first cycle annovulatory.

I am sorry you had to endure a loss though :hugs: It really is hard and then to relearn your cycles after can be trying and frusterating. Good luck catching your eggy :hugs:

I'm very sorry for your loss :(

You're right....the first cycle you can O quickly, a while later, or not at all. It stinks there is no real answer. For me I was 7.5 weeks and waited a month and a half for AF. Even then, I do not know if it was an anovulatory cycle as I wasn't testing (I would have driven myself crazy if I were)! Now I'm using CBFM.

I've heard a wide range of stories from people on here.

Best of luck! Hopefully your process is quick! :)

Thanks for your replies, its nice to know other people are going though the same as me.
I started bleeding on 7th June, I had a blood test on the 7th and my HCG was 7 I then had another blood test on 9th, and there was no HCG.
Would you say that my body will be ovualating now? or in 2week?

Thanks

There is a good chance since you already know the hcg is gone :thumbup:

I'm going through the same thing. I had an early miscarriage last week - I was 5w2d on Wednesday, when I started bleeding. My levels Wednesday were 20.5, and on Friday, they were negative. So, I was curious to see when I'd be ovulating.

You're right; there's so many different answers that'd I've been finding. My doctor did say I should get AF in a month or so. So maybe that means I'd OV roughly 2 weeks after the m/c?

I had my mc at just over 5 weeks. Started bleeding on 1st June. The bleeding lasted for 15 days (spotting for the last 5 days). I started doing CB digital tests thsi week and to my surprise i got a smiley face on day 15 of my cycle. So it seems that my cycle has gone staright back to normal...

Cool

Thanks again everyone, you have all been a massive help.
I feel so much better knowing I am not alone in going through this, my partner is fab, bless him, but he doesnt understand everything as well as you guys.

days after losing my baby at 16 weeks my HCG levels were back to 0! I really just does vary from woman to woman, do a test and then you can be sure.

My first miscarriage was at 5 weeks, when the bleeding stopped my HCG was also back to 0 and I ovulated exactly 14 days later and fell pregnant again. Sadly I miscarried again but yes I agree that your def. more fertile after a M/C. Good luck x

Thankyou everyone, and good luck to all you ladies going through the same as me!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for your replies, its nice to know other people are going though the same as me.
I started bleeding on 7th June, I had a blood test on the 7th and my HCG was 7 I then had another blood test on 9th, and there was no HCG.
Would you say that my body will be ovualating now? or in 2week?

Thanks

hello, i would say that once your HCG has gone, your body thinks that its CD1 and will gear up for ovulation. With my first mc this was the case and i fell pregnant straight away.

I have been driving myself crazy with this question and finally got the answer from my doc yesterday. I posted in two other threads about it. I had spotting only when I wiped two days ago and have had some pregnancy symptoms the last two days. My doctor told me it could be implantation bleeding or from ovulating, he told me some women ovulate the day after they stop bleeding from the MC and some not untill 2 weeks after and some not at all. I MC on 6/4 naturally and my HCG levels were back to normal that following week, so I would say just use the OPK's and pay attention to your body. It is frustrating but I wish you the best of luck and sending lots of :dust::dust::dust: your way!!!

Here is my chart the first cycle after I had my m/c, and when I say cycle after m/c I mean literally the first one, the 'AF' at the beginning of the chart is my m/c bleeding, as you can see it took me a while to ovulate again.

https://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh308/n2thenight24/chartgraph_modulephp.png

I had a miscarriage at 5w 5d and cramped/bled for about 5 days. After it stopped I got a negative pregnancy test which I counted as Day 1 of my new cycle. I used OPTs to see if I would ovulate right on time, and I did, and I got again pregnant right away.

Some doctors think you are more fertile for 3 months after a miscarriage, so even if you don't ovulate right away, you can likely have your cycle re-set after your first period. Everyone is different, so its hard to predict what your body is going to do, which is SO frusterating!

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"