Ovulation and awful cramps!!!

Blondie_xx

Reaction score
Hi all I don't come on here that much but would like some advice. Had m/c nearly 2 months ago and decided to start using opks. Got a positive on cd 18 so we bd that night and the following days. On cd 20 in the evening I was getting really really horrible cramps that were sorta like labour contractions came every 10 mins or so for a few hours till I went sleep, they were so painful surely it can't be af pains this early!!! When do you actually ovulate after getting a positive test? I'm sooooo confused and really want to be pregnant!!

hey hun i am a bit confused so have you got a posative test x

On FF it says you will ovulate in the next 2 days after getting a positive opk. I often get a positive opk then temp doesn't rise until 2 days after. Prob ovulation pains. Good luck.

Hey hun I gt OV pains like that! Don't worry I know their nasty at least you can be sure you OV!

As a general rule you ovulate anywhere between 24-48 hrs after a + opk. However, that also depends whether you caught the beginning, the peak or the tail end of the lh surge. As a surge can be as little as 12hrs its worth knowing. This is why its always good to bd before you get a positive as at least then you have the spermies in place to catch the egg as they live much longer than the egg (12-24hrs).

The ov pains - yeah, ive had them bad as well. You can have cramps before during or after ovulation.

Good luck, hun! :)

I've had BIG-time cramps right after O this cycle, and now I'm finding many others who have, too, so I guess it's not as uncommon as we thought. :)
Mine feel exactly like AF is coming...in fact my whole body is acting like I'm ON af...except for the bleeding of course. It's quite annoying, as I know it's too early for it to mean anything at all - I'm 5 DPO and cramping started yesterday...or at least I started noticing it yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->