Ovulation and OPK confusion - please help!

garkat23

Reaction score
Hi
Sorry I hope this isn't going to be a long one!
I'll try to keep it brief,
Am ttc no.1

Came off BCP in Jan so this is 3rd cycle trying to conceive.

I am currently on cd21
Last months cycle was 28 days

I bought some OV tests off the internet and they appeared not be doing anything just control line everytime.
On CD13 and 14 had CM and what I thought was OV pains but no +ve on OPK.
So had plenty of :sex: just in case and continued with OPK's. I decided to also use Clearblue ones as well as the internet ones from CD19 and yesterday and today the CB ones are positive! Have not had any CM but stomach cramps.

What do you think is happening do you think I am ovulating now so late on or
ovulated last week and the internet OPK's didn't pick it up? Am so confused - anyone else had problems with internet OPKs??

Please help

x x x x

Hi garkat :D

It just so happens that I have experimented with IC and CB Digis. Today I got a smiley face on a cb digi (at lunchtime). I just did an ic one for comparison and I got a line. BUT it's not as dark as the control (which the instructions say it should be). So if I didn't know better, I would have take that as a negative. I had a similar experience last cycle too. I now only rely on the digis and not the ic.

You could be experiencing the same thing. Good luck to you :dust:

Gosh, the freakin OPK get on my nerves. I use the Answer ones and it comes with a pack of 20 strips. (I do not have regular cycles at all!) So I was hoping to catch when I ovulated. I never get the line darker than the control line or as dark as the control line. (freaking annoying!!!)

Gosh, the freakin OPK get on my nerves. I use the Answer ones and it comes with a pack of 20 strips. (I do not have regular cycles at all!) So I was hoping to catch when I ovulated. I never get the line darker than the control line or as dark as the control line. (freaking annoying!!!)

same here!!! my cycles have been 33 and 36 days long so i dont know when to exactly test....but i havent gotten a positive OPK in the past 2 months.....

I had the same experience. I was using the First Response OPK's (in the States they sell them with 30 tests), as this was my first month using them and I wanted to make sure I could do 2 a day to not miss it. Well they kept showing me as not O'ing. So I bought the Clear Blue OPK with the smiley face and sure enough had a positive on that for 2 days, with nothing showing on the FR. It was frustrating. I think I will stick with the Clear Blue ones. A bit more expensive, but if it helps me catch that egg, I really don't mind. :happydance:

I guess you get what u pay for!
It's just very frustrating during what is already a fairly stressful time!
Hope we all get the lines we really want soon!
x x

Ok guys another quick update - I have now done another OPK and it is +ve again! Any advice? We did not BD last night am now worried we have missed the egg did however BD on Monday!
x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->