Ovulation day of surgery

Jrepp

TTC #1 DH 30, Me 29
Reaction score
Hi all,

I had surgery on my leg on Wednesday. I had positive opk's on cd 15 and 16 (was admitted to the hospital so I couldn't take one Wednesday). This mornings were negative but my urine is so dilute that it could have just not had enough lh in it. My question is 1) could surgery stop ovulation from occurring when it's only hours away or happened immediately before surgery. 2) if I did ovulate will the meds effect my hopefully fertilized egg sack?

Hi,

It's hard to be certain but the surgery could have delayed ovulation like it did for me.

My cycle has always been around 29 days (give or take 1 day) but when I had surgery around ovulation my cycle that month increased to 35 days, so the surgery must have delayed ovulation by a week.

Then the cycle after that it was only 25 days long but went back to 29 days the cycle after that. So I guess it took a while for my body to go back to normal after the surgery.

If I were you I'd keep taking the OPK's just in case it did delay ovulation for you too!

Xx

Just checked my calender and I had surgery on CD14 last year. I usually ovulate on CD15.

So i'm not 100% sure of the effect of the surgery on actual ovulation day but im guessing its likely it could have delayed it still. Xx

I have two friends that had surgeries when they had JUST gotten pregnant, as in it was too early to show on a pregnancy test yet, and both of their babies seem to be doing well so far (they are both still pregnant).

If anything happened, the egg would have just been released and fertilized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->