ovulation help !

AdriansMama

Mama to 3 gorgeous boys!
Reaction score
is it possible to ovulate but get a negative result on an opk? also my ticker says today is ovulation day ive been crampy since yesterday mostly in the right side and ewcm all day since yesterday ... hubby and I bd last night and most likely tonight lol but I wont be able to get anymore opks this cycle :\

I've heard of other ladies on here saying they don't get positive opks.. but I think they never do. If you usually do, then I'd say the likely answer is no.

However, it's totally possible to have a bad batch of opks. What brand do you use? One month I bought a 20 pack of frer not realizing that they were intended to be a "one month supply" and weren't individaully wrapped (so they "expired" 30 days after opening). I thought that was crap and they were just trying to make consumers unneccessarily buy another pack so I saved the ones I didn't use and used them the following month. Turns out they really did expire and they didn't work.

Can you get some cheap ones?
Could your urine have been diluted?
How negative was it? Like stark white or just medium? Because if it was just medium your surge could just be happening a little later or already happened and you just missed it.

I had never used them before lol this was my first time and there is a line but it was pretty light I will post a picture in a minute :) I bought one of the dollar store ones but I plan on buying a lot of 50 strips lol because 1.25 a pop is going to get expensive :p

it was a little darker than it looks there in person. I took it around 11 am I would assume my urine was somewhat diluted

Yeah pretty negative. But how was your urine? Had you held it for hours and refrained from drinking too much liquids?

I had had a couple cups of coffee and had a morning pee around 8 am lol once I learned about ovulation tests I knew it was negative but now im confused as to why im cramping so much on one side with ewcm right at ovulation time if im not ovulating :p

also if I were to send hubby out for another test for today when is a good time to take it? are there rules for this sort of thing like there is for pregnancy tests?

Yeah I would trust your body more than that one test. Take another if you can but if you can't just go with your body signs. Do you check CP also?
Temping is better to confirm so maybe try that next cycle too if there is a next cycle.

I don't get positives in the morning- EVER. Usually 3mu+, but I get the best lines in the late afternoon.

I surge later in the evening (after years of peeing on these things), I would suggest going to Amazon and getting the 50 pack of Wondfo opks (comes with 20 prego tests) for $21 including 2 day shipping (if you have prime).

Around the time I "should" ovulate (after I start getting 1/2 dark lines) I pee on one every few hours. If I didn't, I would miss my surge (I don't ovulate every month, I skip every 3rd/4th month due to only having 1/2 an ovary (and depending on where the folicle forms, it may not be viable due to the fact the ovary is glued to my pelvic sidewall.. talk about PAIN omg!)

If you are new to it, you really can't go wrong with those, and for that price, you can iron down where it is that you actually get your surge (whether it is morning, afternoon or evening), then move on to the CB digital ones (which after years, I am debating about doing).

Good luck!

Everyone is different, also. I will have positive opks consistently for up to 5 days regardless of what time of day or urine I use, while other people will only have get a positive if they test at a certain time of day. Also, if you're ovulating today than it's possible you surged a few days ago so that's when your +opk would've been.

Generally speaking it goes: +opk and then ovulation 24-48 hours later. At least that's how it's "supposed" to go. My body is a little annoying..

Well that could be a good thing if I did ovulate then because hubby and I dtd on the 6th 7th 8th and yesterday :p but if I'm just ovulating now I think I'm good to go as well ! I guess I will just have to keep my fingers crossed

I am also going to take one today just to see if the line colour changes at all maybe give me a hint as to weather it's coming , has passed , or if that's just the colour it usually would be lol but after being on depo for 9 months and not ovulating at all and having a light 5 day period 2 weeks ago I'm not sure my body would be making any LH if ovulation wasn't going to happen ... At least I don't think lol

I took another one and in the picture it looks darker but would still be negative although my husband and I both agree that in person it looks lighter than yesterdays :p I hadn't went pee since this morning (its now 4:20pm) and only drank 2 cups of coffee in that time. im having a very hard time understanding what these ovulation tests are telling me lol would it be getting lighter by the day if I already had my surge in LH and today is the big O?

I also checked CP I'm a little rusty at these things because I haven't ttc in about 2 years :p but my cervix is hard and so high up i can just make out that that's even what I'm feeling lol so as long as I remember correctly that would indicate that im post ovulation ? Cm has changed to watery :s I don't know what in the world that means lol I'm also less crampy this evening which I will count as a win ;)

For me cm and CP don't mean a whole lot in isolation - need to look at a few days in a row to see patterns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"