Ovulation on day 19

cartaw

Reaction score
I'm ovulating on day 19 of a 29 day cycle. I've heard a short luteal phase (shorter than 10 days) can be a problem. I'm right at 10 days. Should I be concerned?

Have you ever ovulated that late before? Maybe your body will hold af off a few xtra days and you will have a 30 or 31 day cycle. Some women on here take a b complex vitamin to extend the lp phase.

I'm not sure of my exact ovulation day in the past, but I do know it has always been later in my cycle. A friend who struggled trying to conceive told me that her problem was a short luteal phase. Since I knew I ovulated later, I started charting this month to see. Before, I just used the OPK tests and have always started my period on Day 29 of my cycle (never one day late or early). I am so regular; I didn't think I needed to chart, just use the opk tests. Guess I was wrong. :( Thanks for the B vitamins tip!!!

Have you started any new supplements this cycle? Some women report that certain vitamins have mad them OV later than normal.

I did start taking evening primrose oil. I've heard it helps with conception.

Many women report delayed OV with evening primrose. It could be the culprit.

Your luteal phase never changes. You may have just ovulated late but that doesn't mean your lp is short. Just expect AF to be late. Instead of a 29 day cycle, you may have a 32 day cycle.

Have you ever ovulated that late before? Maybe your body will hold af off a few xtra days and you will have a 30 or 31 day cycle. Some women on here take a b complex vitamin to extend the lp phase.
I waited another cycle and I af right when I was supposed to, day 29. BFN. This month again, I ovulated at day 19. I have been trying the B6 and nothing happened for me:nope:

Agree with SLH - you LP is usually the same each cycle (give or take a day or two) but your ovulation date can fluctuate. So if your LP is usually longer, then your cycle will just be longer this time.

I ovulated day 14 once, then the next cycle as late as day 20 - my LP remained about the same. Just one cycle 6 days longer than the other.

Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"