Ovulation or not???

babyplease66

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just needing some advise... Im so confused. Were trying for a baby and this is my first cycle for ages (lost 2 stone and it came back following a forced 117 day one). Were waiting to see a FS but this has come out the blue. Gynae said i wasnt ovulating and my husband has low sperm count and referred us on. Then my cycle came out the blue, so i have started temping and using OPK's. (also using fertility friend). So now am CD 19, have been temping which has been hard to read, but on CD15/16 i had a dip and have now had a rise for 3 consequtive temps. FF says it thinks i have ovulated around CD16 and I am now 3 DPO. My issue is my OPKs have all been recording negative as far as i can read. I have also tracked my CM which does seem to have increased since CD13 and become watery consistency...... This morning when it told me it thought i had ovulation and was 3DPO, i was cruched because i think we missed our chance, we BD CD12 and then CD19 (this morning - which i know isnt enough anyway but because of the OPK's and last long cycle i didnt think i was near O'ing. My OPKS are cheapies from ebay but i have 2 different types (only been using 1 type for continuity) but this morning i tried both and the type i havent used regularly definatly showed up a test and control line more then what the one i have been using regularly - although a little fainter then the control line it was there - ? is this still negative - they were very close....

Sorry there is so much waffle, i just really dont know what to think. I feel like nothing is ever easy with us.....

Any advise is really grateful.....

Thank you in advance

Sorry you are having a tough time :( I know how hard it is to not understand what the heck is going on with your cycles.. Can you provide a link to your chart to take a look? OPKs are hard because they are not always reliable if you miss your surge. I know from my past charts that my OPK and FF do not always match.. so it is really good to chart for a couple of months to see a pattern and go from there.

I would say that you should keep bd'ing until AF arrives.. you will not know for sure if you missed O until AF comes.. frustrating, I know.. but keep positive :)

Temping is the way to go when confirming ovulation. OPKs will not tell you that you ovulated, only that you had an LH surge. If you had a temp jump I'm inclined to say you ovulated, and just happened to miss your surge. Were you OPK testing more than once a day? Those pesky little surges can be quick for some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->