ovulation pain after HSG

Blume

Mother of a Preemie
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am TTC for 1 1/2 years now. It's been frustrating. My sister now is pregnant with her 2nd baby and a couple of my friends either are pregnant or had babies during that time... I had a HSG 2 cycles ago and since then I am having ovulation pains. Never had that before. Anyone else experiencing this? Should I go see my doctor? Am in the 2WW right now and so hoping it worked. But also trying not to hope too much... argh. I remember how naive I was when we started. It's also so difficult since I don't have anyone to talk to about this. My friends don't understand and only tell me to relax. One of them even told me her story on how it only took 1 try and I shouldn't worry, it's going to happen. NOT helpful...
Anyways, Thanks for listening. I wish all of you good luck

It's been last Wed since I had my HSG test. Every looked fine with no complications, though I did have some moderate cramping during the procedure. I expected to have some cramping and abdominal pain for a couple of days but the pain seems to gradually get worse. Sunday I had to take 3 ibuprofens to deal with the pain and cramping. I have an appointment today (Monday) at 10:30 this morning. I'm dreading that I some how got an infection. I'm also new to this site, no one I know is TTC with the issues I'm having so it's hard for them to understand too. We've been trying for a year now. Today, they are going to start me on Metformin because they suspect I have PCOS and I haven't started any IUI treatments but that's on the agenda too.

Oh no. I hope your appointment went alright and they were able to help you with the pain right away. I was really worried about that too. The test itself hurt a lot for me. It was nearly unbearable but for a very short time only. I think that's because the right side had a minor blockage. I was uncomfortable for maybe a day. Have been fine since. But every time I ovulate (ok, only twice since then) I had ovulation cramps, which I never had before, my whole life! So weird. And I haven't found anything on the internet about that. We haven't started any of the treatments yet. I am a bit scared about all the chemicals... My husband has his SA tomorrow, so we will see what the results are and go from there. I am flying home over Christmas and I am dreading meeting my family a little bit since they now we are trying and are probably going to ask... and then my sister is pregnant with her 2nd. Meh. Don't get me wrong, I love her and she deserves being happy!
Ok, sorry, this got long again... it's just the first time I actually found people to talk to who understand. Yay for that :) Have a good day!

I'm glad that I found someone that is going through the same thing as me. I had my HSG done on Friday (the 25th) and the pain was inexplicably horrible. I have had several bouts of pancreatitis and this was worse than that (though the worst of it went away after 15/20 mins with the HSG - which is good). The doctor could not get the catheter in properly and it took a really long time to finally get things to work. Everything was clear and we went home and I was sore, but I expected that. Yesterday morning I was still a bit sore, but today i woke up and DH and I went to run errands and it hurt to walk again. Now, it is not getting any better with advil and I am wondering if I should call the doctor. Anyone know how long I should expect to feel bad?

Hi, I am not sure how long you should expect to feel bad. For me the worst pain stopped right when they stopped injecting. I felt a bit cramp the day of and the next one or 2 days but then it went away. However it started again when I ovulated but then only for that day. I think if it hurts and it's already been 2 days, maybe call the doctor tomorrow and see what he/she says. Better be safe. But since you wrote that the catheter caused problems, it might just take longer since there was more stress.
Hope you'll feel better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->