Ovulation pain in relation to actually ovulating

E

EllaCruz

Does anybody know?

Do you generally get OP before during or after you ovulate? I only ask this because am basing my cycle, now, on my ovulation day being the day I got the cramps, which was CD18.

This is a really good question...and it's one that I posted on a few short days ago. I also assumed that I could time all my BDing based on when I had OP. But I don't want to find out 6 months from now that I actually ovulate 3 days before or after I have the pains, so I bought an OPK this month. It will be interesting to see if I get pains at the same time that OPK tells me I'm ovulating!
Will keep ya posted!!

Some months I do get OP - but some I don't. So I'm not sure if it's the only basis you should go on, I think in this situation it really does come down to individuals - I don't think two women will O the same...

I have never really been able to pinpoint if I get ovulation pains or not. I'm getting a clearblue ovulation monitor soon to help me figure it all out. Have you used OPKs before?

Well from my cycle so far this month and last I have Opain for about 2 days before O, then I have very tender breasts until the end of the cycle.

Well from my cycle so far this month and last I have Opain for about 2 days before O, then I have very tender breasts until the end of the cycle.

Argh!! I really hope that I'm not the same, because I totally would've shot myself in the foot last month if that's the case.
I had OP on December 10 and we BDed a few days before and that day. After that, I stopped BDing almost altogether because I was afraid that I'd mess stuff up down there if I did. I'm using an OPK this month, and if I discover that I ovulate 2 days after my OP, I will have caused myself another month's wait!! I'm using an OPK this month!

I started tracking CM at the start of cycle and started getting the EW on 14th. Got the OP on 18th and after that, no more EW. I did the same. Stopped BD mostly after that, because DH was away so could not do it anyway, but now I am worried that I shot myself in the foot, too.

I am currently still waiting for the witch. Why is she not here yet?

Am also getting some very strange CM.

She will probably arrive tomorrow. Late. Bitch.

I have never really been able to pinpoint if I get ovulation pains or not. I'm getting a clearblue ovulation monitor soon to help me figure it all out. Have you used OPKs before?

Nope. Cannot really afford the expensive ones and the cheapie ones just seem dodgy.

When I get some money I shall invest in one of the clear blue ones but as of yet, nothing.

I cannot really afford it all! Twenty quid for seven sticks?

I have used opks for two months and I have gotten OP after I got a positive on my oks. Both times about 10 hours after. The second time I used opks I became pregnant (sadly it ended in an early miscarriage), but on that occasion I BDed on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday (I got a positive on my opk that day and felt ov pains in the evening).

Hi! I'm using the opks I've spent close to 40 dollars so far bc I can't tell when I'm o either. I got pains early this morning but don't know if its because I'm going to o according to the test it should be within the next 24 hrs. I bd at 3am just in case,my dh that I was crazy since he awoke to find out he was participating while asleep.

(reading an older thread) I have had cramping all day today. Feels like AF pains. I have had three high readings on my CBFM. So I am curious to see if these are O pains. Does anyone have O pains that are like AF cramps????? And do you have them before or after you O???

i seem to have ov pains a day or so before ov and a day after

I am having the same cramping today as I did yesterday...got another high reading on my CBFM. hmmmmmmm....

im still cramping and have been all day, think my cycles are becoming more regular as i'm expecting to ov around now, ive ran out of opk's to test but i think im ovulating, temp dipped today and i think it'll go up over next two days

why? have i missed something? do you mean cos you have no ov pains?

Mittelschmerz (middle pain) or ovulation pain is not consistant in each woman. Some women seem to have OV pain when their folicles are maturing and rupturing. Som women have OV pain after the mature folicle has ruptured and the fluids irritate the abdominal lining slightly.

So depending on the reason for the OV pain you have, you may be timing intercourse wrong if you go ONLY by OV pain. IOW you may be a tad late.

I get OP for around 3days or so, i used the ivillage ovulation calender. And during my OP fell inside the calculation according to the calender. I nipped into Boots today, thing i'm going to opt for the £42.00 digital ovulation kit. Worth the go i reckon

why? have i missed something? do you mean cos you have no ov pains?

No, its just, I am currently on CD19 and I have not had a positive OPK test at all. I had EWCM very lightly (hardly any at all) about a week ago and then back to the white lotion stuff.

It was the same last month, but then I had OV pains. This month, nothing at all.

My cycle was 34 days long last time so its possible I did not OV yet but what was the EWCM all about?

I used to have insane amounts of CM, even up until about three months ago. Since I have been TTC I have had hardly any at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->