Ovulation Spotting. Tell me your experience!

Momma13

Reaction score
I've been charting BBT for a few months, but I've charted AF, symptoms, and what not for years. I've had spotting after sex & days leading to AF. However, for the first time, I had spotting before O! I'm assuming it's ovulation spotting, because - thanks to charting - I know I ovulated the next day. However, it was quite a bit. Not just a drop on the TP when wiping. It was all over my undies when I woke up and lasted a couple hours. It was pinkish-tan: not red.(sorry for tmi) So, I have my doubts that it was ovulation spotting, because it was more like a light flow which is contradictory to everything I've read.

I'd love to hear anyone else's experiences with ovulation spotting.

Thank you!

I had that happen once. I thought af had arrived it was so much. But it only last a couple hours but happened 2 days in a row. But then was gone and real af showed up 12 days later so and to be ovulation.

That makes me feel better calling it ovulation spotting. Initially, I was worried about it being something sinister. I did just have a pap done a couple weeks prior and hadn't called to get the results, so when I did I asked the nurse about it. She didn't believe due to timing and color it was related to the pap or another abrasion. However, she said it wasn't O spotting since it happened before O. She said it happens after. However, I found contradictory information online. So, I'm fairly firm that it was related to O. I just didn't expect it to be so much. That's exactly what I thought. That I was having a super short anovulatory cycle.

I get spotting around O every month. There are two reasons for it to happen:
1) When the egg bursts through the follicle and out of the ovary, this can cause spotting, which is when you would get it a day or two after O, as it has to work its way through everything and out.
2) The change in hormones with estrogen surging and dropping with LH can cause your lining to get a little unstable for a little bit. This is the same thing that happens on birth control when your body is trying to adjust in the beginning to the hormones and you sometimes get spotting. This happens around O because so many different hormones are changing at once like estrogen, LH, progesterone.

So it could very well be from that. Hope this helps!

Yes, that does. Thank you! That's what I had read, but I was confused between the nurse insisting O spotting happens after & how much it was.

At least, I know I'm not the only one who has experienced. That makes me feel more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->