Ovulation test question - trying for a certain gender

blondebabe

Reaction score
Ok ok I know some people are a bit sceptical of how accurate it is but if I were going to try for a girl they say 2-3 days before ovulation so if I were to use the cheap ovulation sticks how would I know before I ovulated?

Thanks xxx

You won't know exactly, you can try using a chart like fertilityfriend.com to map your periods and everything and it will estimate when ovulation might occur that month and you can try go to by that but other wise doing it every other day until you get a positive and then stopping trying might work.

My recommendation for a girl - I have read and heard several times that girl sperms can live longer, but move slower, while boy sperms move fast but live less. This means:
If you have sex 2-4 days before ovulation, it is a good chance to conceive a girl, since boy sperms would not survive for so long.
If you have sex 1 day or on the day of ovulation, it is a good chance to conceive a boy.

So I would recommend to BD when your ovu test line is getting darker, but not as dark as the control line or even before. If you have regular cycles, I would recommend to measure BBT for two cycles to find out when your ovulation is and then BD 3-2 days before ovulation and no on the day of ovulation.

I think it works, because I have two girls and with the first one I am sure that we had sex only 4 or 5 days before ovulation and that was it that cycle...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->