ovulation test...question

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by littlebabyboy, Apr 16, 2009.

1. littlebabyboy

littlebabyboy Well-Known Member

hi girls just wondering. i tested with a ovulation test thingy, and got a v faint line. what does this mean? the test thing shows that a faint line is a negative. it has to be strong to be a positive? is that right? does a line always come up unlike a pregnancy test? sorry havent a clue about them!! thanks.

2. Tracey2008

Tracey2008 Well-Known Member

on an opk test you can get two lines. Its only positive if the test line is as dark or darker than the control line. Good luck x

3. littlebabyboy

littlebabyboy Well-Known Member

but do you always get 2 lines? or does a lighter line mean something?

4. Mrs.Rob

Mrs.Rob TTC #1

It depends on the person. I almost always get a very faint line. Some people don't get any other line at all unless they are ovulating and then it is at least as dark as the control line. If it isn't as dark as the control line, you can just ignore it. It doesn't mean anything.

5. PrayerfulHope

PrayerfulHope Mom of 2

I don't get ANY lines until I'm about to ovulate. When I get a faint line, I know I'll get a dark line in the next day or two, and after my positive OPK, the very next day the line is almost invisible. Two days after ov, no lines at all.

6. Vestirse

Vestirse Maker of the boobie booze

All women can have varying amounts of LH in her system at any time. Some have more than others. I can get a faint line at any time in my cycle. It means nothing.

7. Alchemist

Alchemist Well-Known Member

I would check out Peeonastick.com to check out what types look like - it shows every brand