ovulation test vs pregnancy test

Jamie3573

Reaction score
I have hopefully simple question. What is the difference between an Ovulation Test and Pregency test?

Like below, is this an ovulation test or pregnancy test?

https://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l329/omega48/imagejpeg_3_zps54c4f75d.jpg

https://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l329/omega48/imagejpeg_3_zps54c4f75d.jpg

The image wont load.. Is this a OPK test or pregency test?

i328.photobucket.com/albums/l329/omega48/imagejpeg_3_zps54c4f75d.jpg

I believe its a pregnancy test, though some opks look alot like that!
To answer the question, a pregnancy test detects hcg and an opk detects LH (which is always in your body in some form)
but that particular test looks like an FRER pregnancy test :)

Could be either...if you opened the package it was in it should tell you. If it wasn't in an individual package and had been open for a while the results can be considered invalid. As mentioned prior OV test checks lutenizing hormone levels and a pregnancy test checks for hcg levels. A pregnancy test will only be positive if you are pregnant and have hcg in your system whereas a OV test will pick up levels of lh AND hcg and so could hypothetically test for either. One thing to bear in mind is that for a OV test to truly be positive the test line must be as dark or darker that the control line where as ANY second line on a pregnancy test is considered a positive. Hope that helps!

The FRER pregnancy test has writting on it. This one has nothing at all. I always see pregency tests with some kind of pregnant not pregnant written on it. Could someone use a OPK to trick someone to make them think they are pregnant?

Are you trying to find out if some women has tricked a guy into thinking she is pregnant?

That pic, to me looks like a pregnancy test.

But like some previous posters have said, maybe that is an OPK that I've never seen before.

Some women do take OPK's around the time when AF is due and get second lines like that. But it does NOT mean they are pregnant, it just means they are having another LH serge.

It could be either, what does it say on the wrapper? As the previous poster asked, is this for someone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->