ovulation tests can pick up hcg? myth?

Franki83

3 Babbas, Thinking of 4..
Reaction score
ok, i think i need some help understanding this one, but is it true?
what are everyones ideas on this?

hiya I have heard a few stories on here where girls have only had an opk and used those to test, got a positive and then gone onto take a normal hpt and also got a positive so yes I think its true :) at least I hope it is cause I got more of those than I have hpt at the mo lol

frigging tell me about it, not thinking i opened an ovulation stick instead of pg stick, lol, n would you know it a line appeared, faint yeah, but still there.
positive sign? god i hope so!

OMG Franki....gd luck to you. how many dpo are u hun??? are u late for af? have u got a normal hpt??? heheheheheheheheh awwwwwwwwwwww hope this is ur :bfp: babes. :hugs:

HI i had my BFP show on an opk but the line must be strong as the control line for a positive hun, ur better on getting a HPT good luck xx

I can turn opk sticks now too, I tried it the other day out of curiosity, no idea at what point they turn positive due to hcg though.

well, it was a spur of the moment wee not a fmu or anything, lol, so im surprised it showed anything at all, n it was as i said, an accident that i picked that up, instead of blue packet up i picked a green up, lol.
im an air head i know, but im still only 11 DPO
fingers crossed, i really wanna tell my hubby to buy those baby clothes in canada, lol

you release some LH (the hormone picked up my ov tests) throughout your whole cycle, which is why for an opk to be positive the test line should be as dark or darker than the control.
it does depend on your body and the sensitivity of the tests - but for example I get faint lines on opks the whole cycle through.

best off trying an hpt, good luck :dust:

It worked for me, when I got my bfp I also got positives on opks as well xx

Ah, yes - that was the website I was trying to remember about using OPKs ad HPTs. Thanks nellis!

oh well, im gonna try poas in the morning, so see how that one goes, lol
im just scared that im getting my hopes up over all the symptoms iv had. but this time last cycle i did an opk, cos of the myth thing, and nothing showed up, i know this was was a mistake, but even still, for a faint line to show up its weird for me.
i might try n hold my p for a very long time n see if maybe anything will show up tonight... im addicted to poas, lol, im at cadets tonight so while im there i usually dont drink anything anyway or go to loo, mainly cos im too busy, im only adult to 20 teenagers! lol,
iv just rushed to loo cos i thought i had v weird wet feeling, but it was just alot of creamy egg white ish cm... again...
aaaaargh

This is a pic of how dark my OPKs were when i got faint BFPs. Tested exactly the same time. Was only messing around with the tests, never used OPKs before & never expected a BFP. First lot are FMU second are dinner time urine.

n1201186555_30327403_1235.jpg

My OPK lines are majorly dark, they made the test look pale. When I wasn't pg I'd get a faint line all the time on the OPK's. I'll go do one later to show you ;)

wow stacey!!!
were they as dark as the control line tho? looks like the second lot werent
im not sure tho, my eyesight has alot to answer for, lol

LADIES......I think I might be able to help on this one and yes im bricking it. hoping to get pics on PMA team on buddy section.
I just got a faint line on an opk and Im 8dpo.

Here go this is what I mean re the darkness of the lines, I always always would turn OPK's faintly no matter where I was in my cycle.

Attachments

• pos Ov test when pg.jpg
    pos Ov test when pg.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member