Ovulation time panic!!!

readyformore

Reaction score
I copied this from my journal:
Feel free to skip reading it, I am rambling. If you want to say that you panic every month during ov too, well........that would be great!

So, it's now Wenesday, cd15. Ov is today? I won't know for sure until tomorrow.
I'm still feeling ov pain, opk was nice and dark this morning. Last month, I ovulated on the second day with a dark opk. Today would be the second day.

Now, the doubt starts to set in.

We did have sex Tuesday night. If I don't ov til Friday, (cause my body is being really stupid lately, so who knows how long ewcm and ov pains last for anymore), I don't want to have sex again until Thursday. Too little sperm will be left if we do Tuesday/Wenesday/Thursday. I am wondering if I should have held off until tonight? Maybe I should have sex Thursday morning instead of Thursday night? But, that usually doesn't work out either. It's too hard to get motivated at 5:30 in the morning, kwim.

Plus, I swear, all of it just came back out last night. I mean everywhere. It was on my abdomen, thighs, the bed. WTF?? Softcups would do me no good. This all came out just from a gentle withdrawl. It was like a river. How the hell am I supposed to get pregnant if the sperm is on the bed?
This is why I think that sperm will solve all of my infertility problems. I was driving by some construction workers today, and thought, "Surely they have some good sperm. That's really all I need." :dohh:

I have got to get pregnant soon! Infertility makes me absolutely insane! :wacko:

Help!! Someone talk me off of the edge. I'm going to start soliciting strangers for a semen sample! ](*,)

Ok, maybe the large coke wasn't the best idea. I'll try a half hour of stair climber therapy and see if that helps to clear my head.

Look at my chart and you will see OV panic written all over it.:flower:

I'm an "OMG we didn't BD enough!!" panicker. I do it every month and it makes the 2WW a complete and living hell. We could likely BD every day and I'd still panic that it wasn't enough. Now, having said that, I really think we could legitimately up the amount but alas, DH is a little too "relaxed" (aka a wee bit lazy). Perhaps if I was a remote control I'd get more attention :winkwink:

Hehe - I feel your panic:wacko:

Just got a pos opk today and was get a bit antsy till we bd - whew.

I get horny and panicky, poor OH doesn´t know where he is at. But at lease i don´t get performance anxiety, really I think this is the one moment of the month when i think they have it worse than us! Even if I´m not in the mood I can manage it for TTC, my poor Oh tries hard to be there on demand but there are times I can see in his eyes he really doesn´t want to be my performing seal...maybe I shouldn´t insist he balance a ball on his nose at the same time!!

I get horny and panicky, poor OH doesn´t know where he is at. But at lease i don´t get performance anxiety, really I think this is the one moment of the month when i think they have it worse than us! Even if I´m not in the mood I can manage it for TTC, my poor Oh tries hard to be there on demand but there are times I can see in his eyes he really doesn´t want to be my performing seal...maybe I shouldn´t insist he balance a ball on his nose at the same time!!

Funny! I can picture him with a ball on his nose, lol.

My DH told me several months ago that he would prefer to not know when I'm ovulating. I told him that was ridiculous. Turns out, I should have listened. He got stage fright for the first time ever. I was totally shocked!

We've worked it out, but I will now take his wishes into consideration more.

So, still a little panicky!

Still feeling ov pains. I think I'm going to have to wake up early tomorrow morning for a bd session.

DH asked about my bd plans, and I told him. He thinks it's a great idea. His reasoning as to why I'm not pregnant yet is b/c the timing is off.
I've done every 24, 36, and 48 hours. Odd cycle days and even cycle days. Not sure how I missed my time, but hey, I'll go with it for a reason.

I told him he should decide on a plan for next month. His idea? We should "go at for a week straight, like bunnies", lol. Yep, we've tried that too. His count goes from 40 million to 2 million, after 7 straight days of sex.

So, the morning it is. FX it actually gets where it needs to go.

I always say we're going to BD every 48 hours but I always panic and we BD every 24 hours:wacko: I'll lay on my back for about 20 mins and then I roll on my side to go to sleep and panic I'm making all the swimmers fall to one side:wacko: I also panick whilst on my back for that 20 mins that swimmers can't go where they need to because I'm on my back:haha: :haha:

Ok, so I had a nice dark opk this morning. Still have some ov pains. Got the bd in, and the stuff magically all stayed in!
I have a tremendous sense of relief. I'm super happy with the timing. Of course, I may panic again if the ov pain doesn't end today.

However, not only does DH think timing is the issue, he now thinks we are doing the actual act wrong. :wacko:
I've got the timing and positions orchestrated, now he will orchestrate the act.
I have no idea how we've had 3 kids! :dohh:

The man that didn't want to know when I was ovulating, and said that we needed a ttc break, now wants me to start doing opks and to change our sex routine. I'm not complaining, just...........surprised.

Oh and Crystal, the only real benefit to having a single tube and ovary is that you always know which side to lay on. :winkwink:

Sounds great, ready :thumbup:

Nice that your DH is all on board and interested in what's going on.

:dust: this is your month!

From your mouth to the fertility god's ears, peacebaby!

Thanks for the dust!

I am emitting a tiny scream. Last month we discussed the whole ovulation thing and DH said he wanted to know dates which I was surprised about. I have bought preseed in preparation. However O time is now and for the past couple of weeks including today DH has decided he is ever so tired and still getting over manflu. So although we had a "date" friday night it was postponed to Saturday night and then postponed to Sunday night - he's still talking about being tired so I don't believe it's even worth going there! I suppose it will give me time off the 2WW trauma and also and I know it's stupid but I will have more chance of having an Autumn Term/Spring Term baby rather than one who suffers from being born in August (allegedly). That said, if I do manage to BD tonight and we are successful I will be overjoyed!!!

Bummer HPMINI.
If only men could perform at our whim, lol.

I hope you manage to get it figured out tonight.

I hate missing cycles. I've only missed one this entire time. Although my 2ww was a lot more manageable when I knew I was out, it dragged on.

:hugs: HPMINI - I've had exactly that scenario a couple of times now! Managed to get a half-assed attempt in each time by telling DH it was ov day - do or die! (actually I gave him the option, was he up for it or should we just bin that month... no pressure honest :D). GL, hope he makes a quick recovery!

Ready, glad you got a well-timed one in :thumbup: always a relief eh!

AFM, I have the full-on ov panic/BD timing conundrum now as well. Had an ultrasound yesterday that showed 3 mature follicles, 1 ready to go.... but, OPK was still completely blank :growlmad: Today OPK is maybe 50-70% of the way there but def. not positive. So now the conundrum - bearing in mind we can never manage 3 days in a row - when should I try and effect BD?! I'm thinking tonight, tomorrow night, skip a night, then Thursday night... but :shrug: who knows!

Ok, so I had a nice dark opk this morning. Still have some ov pains. Got the bd in, and the stuff magically all stayed in!
I have a tremendous sense of relief. I'm super happy with the timing. Of course, I may panic again if the ov pain doesn't end today.

However, not only does DH think timing is the issue, he now thinks we are doing the actual act wrong. :wacko:
I've got the timing and positions orchestrated, now he will orchestrate the act.
I have no idea how we've had 3 kids! :dohh:

The man that didn't want to know when I was ovulating, and said that we needed a ttc break, now wants me to start doing opks and to change our sex routine. I'm not complaining, just...........surprised.

Readyformore, hope you are feeling better now about this month! And I think it's very sweet the way your DH is trying to help. :thumbup:

If his sc falls so low when you do it every day, I guess that's a no. I showed my dh other people's pregnancy charts on FF and their sex schedule during ovulation, just meaning to show him some typical patterns, and he said, "I bet he's tired!" :dohh:

AFM, I have the full-on ov panic/BD timing conundrum now as well. Had an ultrasound yesterday that showed 3 mature follicles, 1 ready to go.... but, OPK was still completely blank :growlmad: Today OPK is maybe 50-70% of the way there but def. not positive. So now the conundrum - bearing in mind we can never manage 3 days in a row - when should I try and effect BD?! I'm thinking tonight, tomorrow night, skip a night, then Thursday night... but :shrug: who knows!

I'd wait til tomorrow, depending on how your opks usually go. If you're too early, it's nearly the same as being too late.

When I did femara and clomid, my follicles were always big and ready to go, but still hung on for a few days, even after the trigger. My last IUI was 2 days too early.

Can you do an opk tomorrow morning and bd after that if it looks good?

Thanks ready, yeah my OPK turned (very) positive yesterday evening, and still is today (usually stays +ve for 2-3days). So we got 1 x BD in last night, and I'm slightly tossing up between tonight and tomorrow night for another. Ov varies a bit as far as time after +ve OPK, but I think has more often been sooner rather than later, so I think tonight would be safer. Hopefully that would give me a decent chance... And fingers crossed for a higher temp in the morning!

(if it's lower I'm screwed because no way I'll persuade DH to go a third time unfort! big week at work...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->