Ovulation?

MrsKTB

Mummy to Henry
Reaction score
Never really took much notice of what my body was doing, I just knew when to expect my period...that was it, until now!

We are NTNP rather than full on TTC (well, more in the middle, TTC without the charts and CM examinations, at the mo), so now I'm trying to work out when I'm most likely to ovulate. I worked out that I would ovulate on or around the 6th, but now, taking notice of my body, I think I could be ovulating now!

I have very slight cramping, nothing like the usual AF pains, but what else do I need to be looking for?

Thanks

hey hun

not sure what else to be looking for, we're just enjoying ourselves and hoping we get a BFP :D

Lx

p.s. I'm using an ovulation/period app and I'm predicted the 5th so maybe we'll be bump buddies ;)

Bear in mind that many women do not get ovulation pain so it is not the best marker of ovulation. Monitoring your CM is a good way to estimate it - your CM changes throughout your cycle and at ovulation when oestrogen is at its highest you should see ferile EWCM, which means it's a good time to BD! :) Does your CM look stretchy and watery?

Symptoms of ov can vary a lot between women. I get increased libido before it and sore nips afterwards. No ov pain though.

Fingers crossed MrsGm!! :)

Elhaym, not really sure how to check my CM? Is is as simple as I imagine? Having a good old feel?

x

You can do that, or just see whats there when you wipe. You get whats called egg white mucus around ovulation, clear & sticky & stretchy. Although I've only had it once in 3 cycles so I'm not convinced its the best indicator for me! Or I'm just not ovulating!

You can do that, or just see whats there when you wipe. You get whats called egg white mucus around ovulation, clear & sticky & stretchy. Although I've only had it once in 3 cycles so I'm not convinced its the best indicator for me! Or I'm just not ovulating!

I'm the same! Seemed to have it the first month after coming off the pill but not really noticed it since then. I'm on cycle 3 now. I'm hoping there is an egg there to catch!

Fingers crossed MrsGm!! :)

Elhaym, not really sure how to check my CM? Is is as simple as I imagine? Having a good old feel?

x

Yes :) You can do it internally using a finger to check around your cervix, or you can check it by looking at the paper after you wipe (after a bowel movement is good as it pushes everything to the entrance - lovely TMI, haha! ) Also try pulling a bit between 2 fingers, the fertile stuff stretches quite a bit without breaking.

If you sign up for fertility friend (free!) you get a free e-course which has good info on types of cm, how to check it etc. Really handy. :)

Thanks elhaym, I've signed up, but on my work computer (where I am now) the website doesn't load properly, so I've not had a proper nosey!! x

You can also feel your cervix and use the acronym "SHOW", which is Soft, High, Open and Wet to tell when you are gonna ovulate.

Soft means how it feels. If your cervix feels like the end of your nose then you are not fertile, if it feels like your lips you are.
High. Your cervix moves higher during ovulation.
Open. The os dilates slightly.
Wet. See the descriptions above of egg white cm.

But you probably have to spend a couple of months getting to know your cervix to spot theses accuratly.

This site is fab for learning about all things cervix and mucus!! View at own risk as very, ermmm visual. https://www.beautifulcervix.com/cervix-photo-galleries/photos-of-cervix/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->