Own Room

Lil_Baby_Boo

Reaction score
Ok, so Noah should be going in to his own room but as we're off on Holiday next week and we're on the countdown to moving :happydance: We decided its best for all if he goes in to his own room when we're in our new house.
Anyway I was thinking lastnight and wondering how long was it before you stopped using the monitors all through the night? Or have you never done that?

xx

I haven't really thought about the monitor thing yet but I guess I'll keep it in there until they are old enough to get up themselves and come and tell me if anything is wrong (so a while yet!). I like to be able to hear them stirring rather than the first thing I hear being full on screaming. Lol!

Our monitor has been backwards and forewards for repairs and replacements and the time without it is really odd. I spend a lot of time straining to hear and not daring to put the radio on.

BTW good on you for making it the full 6 months with Noah in your room. You'll miss him when he goes, I guess?

not sure what you mean by monitors, the ordinary ones or the breathing ones (iykwim). I never had a breathing mat thingy as Seren slept next to me.wedid have an ordinary baby monitor but by the time Seren went into her own room (around 7-8 months)we had stopped using it as if she woke we could hear her, but our house is pretty small.

For sound, I stopped around 8 months, then she was loud enough for us to hear her LOL!!! But the breathing and sound were one monitor.

BTW good on you for making it the full 6 months with Noah in your room. You'll miss him when he goes, I guess?

Do people tend to move their babies sooner?

I will miss him, I love the funny little noises he makes in his sleep, sometimes I can hear him yapping and think he's awake and I pop my head over the cot and he'll be asleep! It’s funny!
Although it will be nice being able to lie in bed and read or watch a dvd or something without waking him.

There's no room in our new house to have his cot in our room (or would be a very tight squeeze) we're being nice and giving Noah the master bedroom as there's a gorgeous view from the second bedroom and with him being so tiny he'll just not appreciate. Obviously when its time for #2 we may have to re-think.

not sure what you mean by monitors, the ordinary ones or the breathing ones (iykwim). I never had a breathing mat thingy as Seren slept next to me.wedid have an ordinary baby monitor but by the time Seren went into her own room (around 7-8 months)we had stopped using it as if she woke we could hear her, but our house is pretty small.

Just the walki-talki type ones, I did think of getting the mat & a camera but knew it would have had me on edge all the time!!

xx

The mat is suppose to take you off edge lol Does me

Caitlins going in her own room at 6 months ish too *cry*

Depends on your house - we hear everything in this house infact we hear the TV better upstairs than in the same room as it ... lol!

Do people tend to move their babies sooner?

TBH I don't know anyone that has managed the full 6 months (go on then everyone post and prove me wrong! LOL!). I'll just sneak off and post in the bad mothers thread about putting mine in their own room from 10 weeks. LOL!

hun ur not the only one kacy was in her own room about 2 and a half months cos she out crew her moses basket and it was waking her up. and her cot wouldn't fit in our room.

regarding the monitiors we got rid of kacy's in november cos we moved house and didn't put them back up saying that she got out of bed and came in our room when she wants something. i wanted to put them back up but matty said she was old enough with out them. they were just the walkie type ones as well.

I have Olivia in her own room too... :blush: Perhaps I should follow you Helen.

She's to big for the moses basket and her cot wouldnt fit in our room

x

I think its good that you put them in their own room earlier!

I actually wished I had as we spent so much money & effort making Noah's room lovely and he's never been in it, I wish I could just pick it up and take it with us! Such a waste of money cos we're going to have to do it again when we move!!
:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->