own room?

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
For those of you who have put your LO's in their own room did it help with their sleeping habits?

As some of you know Hannah's been waking up to talk during the night, though last night she wasn't as bad she was still up from 3-4:30 talking! :wacko:

Anyways we thought maybe she'd sleep better/learn to comfort herself back to sleep if we weren't in the room. Problem with this is we live in a one bedroom apartment, Hannah's "room" is the solarium attached by sliding doors to our bedroom. So we're going to have to sleep out in the living room with the cats on an air mattress!

I put Grace in her own room at 5 months and it was the best thing I ever did! She sleeps so much better and has even slept a lot of times all the way through which is amazing!! Although the first night you won't get much sleep because you'll be worried about her but it gets so much easier. Good luck, hope Hannah is good for you! x

I share a room with Helena as we only have a one bedroom place.
I have no idea what to do! Get a sofa bed?

We have one but it's kinda gross, like third generation hand me down so don't think I'll sleep on it :rofl: I think we're going to try the air mattress in the living room tonight. I'm worried to death though I know she's not really going to be far from us at all.

Yep it really helped with kieran, paige is still in our room but a couple of nights where we have fallen asleep downstairs she has slept thru...can't wait to move! Hope she sleeps better for you x

Jasmine has been in her own room since a week old and sleeps through now 8-7:30. She has her bed, her night light, humidifyer and % recently got her a glade plug in the is lavender/chamomile.. haha...

Of course she is only 3 months, so who knows what will happen down the road. But she has always been a good baby at night.

Katie was always a great sleeper - I put her in her own room two weeks ago at 7 months but she is not sleeping as well (and neither am I!). However, she's been teething a lot so maybe that is why she is waking up every night.

Caitlin moved into her own room between 6-7 months despite me not wanting to OH insisted it was best tbh we woke her disturbed her a lot being in the same room as us because we'd have to creep around her often stirring her sleep.

Although Mummy missed her baby in the room it was the best thing we did she settled well and started sleeping through better and we slept better & more comfortable too.

We've always gave her a cuddle to sleep at nights though - still to this day. We both love our cuddles with her and bedtime is cuddle time for us.

We still hold and cuddle Hannah to sleep too, especially for day time naps. She won't go down on her own which is fine by me, it's about the only time she likes to be held now :lol: and at least she does sleep in her crib for the majority of the nap

We waited until 8 months to put Connor in his own room but if I had to do it all over again I would have done it 3-6 months. We wouldn't wake him up by coming into the room and he wouldn't wake us up with his talking.

Hunter has been in his own room since around 6 months. He sleeps better in his own crib.

Skyler still sleeps with us.He cries his heart out if we are not with him.He even stretches out his hand at night to feel if we are still there.Dont know what we are going to do.He sleeps fine though.

Chloe has been in her own room for a week and a half and her sleeping has got worse, although that could be down to teeth!

Well I think I've officially been kicked out of my bedroom. We did sleep better, she seemed to sleep better (though if she'd talked we wouldn't have heard it). She got up once and Stan resettled her quickly and than we went back to sleep (hopefully she did too :rofl:). I guess it's an airmattress in the living room for the next 6 months :rofl:

why cant you move her somewhere? You shouldn't have to sleep on an air mattress, you will end up hurting your back.

Glad you slept better Vickie, but no fun sleeping on air mattresses! However, I guess more sleep is better than less! :hugs:

Ryder, Vickie and Stan live in a one bedroom apartment so tough to move Hannah to another room.

hmmm what about moving hannahs bed somewhere else? My sister had a 1 bedroom with her first baby and his crib just went into the dinning room...

Yep like Leeanne said one bedroom condo and we have two cats that take up the main living area so I can't move her crib out here. We may end up shifting things around but honestly there just isn't a lot of space to do anything with (we are crammed in here). Or we may end up just pulling the mattress out at night. Honestly at this point it's a matter of getting enough sleep. She's not sleeping well because of us and vice versa. And we're fighting all the time because we're not getting enough sleep. :wacko: Our lease is up in July and we plan to move than.

Glad she slept better for you! :happydance:

I had this big advice all prepped for ya :lol:
I moved Lola into her own room at 3 1/2 months and the first week was really hard, she is a clingly baby who whinged everytime I left the room, but in the end she pulled through and is now sleeping there.
Her sleeping habits haven't changed much, she still wakes up once per night but I got her the glade plug in and one of those rotating night lights she goes back to sleep a lot faster.
Before I had to put her in bed with me so she'd fall asleep but now most nights I don't even have to get her out of her crib...

it helped my sleeping habits if not Teddy's! BUt seriously I do think it helpd him, simply because he no longer gets woken up if we cough etc. He knows I go to him if he cries so there is no reason for him to be scared.

Can you put her in the area behind the sliding doors with teh doors shut maybe,so you still get your bed?
or what about getting rid of the cats? ...is that an awful thing to suggest? (I've never been a cat person!!...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->