• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oyster v iCandy Apple

baby_maybe

Reaction score
Could anyone with any experience of either of these pushchairs give me an honest opinion of them please :) I don't mind if it's good or bad, I'm trying to work out if the iCandy really is worth spending the extra money on.

Love love love the oyster, can't fault it and can't wait to use it with baby 2 next year! Really good size carry cot, easy to push, fairly small and a lot better value than the I candy...obviously it depends which I candy you are looking at but I know the cherry has AV small carry cot

I had the apple for my last Baby in 2010 and loved it..I did check out the Oyster too and found it felt very flimsy compared to the sturdy apple. I paid about £1000 in 2010 for the full apple set up and car seat ect.
This time round I went for a bugaboo cam..bought it when I was only 2mths along and then decided I couldnt do it-sold it and got myself another Apple! This time round I paid £127 for pram with carycot and seat, then £30 for car seat adaptors and changing bag, £13 for raincover..so not a lot at all, all off ebay and in fab condition..I would recommend the apple really highly and you should check ebay for some great bargains..

I had the oyster in 2011, sadly it broke after 7 months and the warranty was 6 months which i think was abit tight! Loved it at the time though, and if they were available with a longer warranty then i'd probably have another! Babystyle didn't get back to me either, i sent them 3 emails with no response and when i phoned their customer services, they told me to go back to the place i bought it from, who then told me the warranty is only 6months, and there was nothing they could do. Not sure if the warranty is longer since they've upgraded to the plush xx

Our oyster lasted us more than 2 years - even for a while after Abby had grown out of it. IMO it is far from flimsy and the only difference between them is paying for the shiny name and marketing.

We had the very original Oyster and it did have problems with the brakes. We got an updated model for baby #2 and its so much better. Agree with Foogirl, its far from flimsy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->