P****d off and need a bit of a rant! *Update pg 3*

Sorry you have had to endure that dragon of a mw. Is it possible for you to make an official complaint to whoever is her boss as her behaviour is clearly unacceptable. She cant pick and choose what she wants to believe just because you are either too young or the fact that it is too early to develop symptoms. I've had SPD from seven weeks and for her to think it only starts after 25 weeks shows that she has inadequate knowledge and skill to perform her job properly. That would really drive me up the wall. Glad you sorted out the docs appointment xxx

JESUS CHRIST! What a total load of Bol****s! GP was a woman who isn't the most sympathetic but i've never had a problem with her. Well she obviously knew i'd had a falling out with receptionist because when i told her she just said 'Nothing i can do for a nose bleed' I explained that it was a BAD nose bleed and it lasted almost an hour and she just said it again! So i explained that i had high blood pressure a few times since jan and mw was concerned it could be that so she took my blood pressure then said it was a bit higher than she expected but she wouldn't worry too much about it. I asked her if it was normal then for my nose to bleed so much and for so long and what i should do about it should it happen again and she just said 'Go to A + E' The hospital is a 30 min drive away on a good day!

We then got on to talking about my shingles and i asked if i can go back to work, she looked and said to go back on thurs as one of them is still weeping a bit i told her i was still in pain and felt sick and she just said 'Yeah you will be' THANKS FOR THAT!!!

So now i'm sat here thinking i'm on my own till at least thurs, what do i do if i get a nose bleed like that again? Obviously no one thinks its important enough to take seriously but its scary! Am so fed up i went and sat on a bench on the beach and cried for an hour! I hate feeling helpless!!!

awww hunni :hugs: people are so unsympathetic its unbelievable. like its normal for a nose bleed to last that long!! stupid cow. :grr:

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry to hear your having such a hard time.

I think if you have another nosebleed and feel its going on too long, just call 999. Your doctor said go to a&e, well they can flaming well collect you then!

I also really understand the pain your experiencing with SPD, I had chronic SPD with my first and was unable to do anything for most of my pregnancy. I am sure you know all the things to do to avoid making it worse.. but if you feel like you want to see if we were told the same, feel free to PM me. The good news I suppose is that I only had it a little with my 2nd and virtually nothing with this one.. I get the odd twinge, but I really believe the techniques I learnt have prevented it from getting any worse.

Big hugs hon
xx

NO JOKE MY NOSE IS BLEEDING AGAIN! Has been for the past ten minutes! I'm so fed up! :cry: I'm so sorry, if hubby was here i'd moan to him and be less scared but i don't know what to do :cry:

hunni - u can moan to me! i know u probs dont feel like u want to but im here!! :hugs: ur gonna have no blood left in u soon!

OMG what an awful MW & a poor GP!!

I had SPD from 15wks in my last pregnancy, some people have been known to get it sooner, so the MW needs to get her facts straight! I also had a lot of problems in my last pregnancy and the support I had was great.......why do these people enter this proffession if they don't care about people?!?!?!

Sorry you are suffering hun and your support is rubbish :(

If your nose bleed does worry you hun, get yourself down to A&E and explain about the lack of support you have had and that you was advised to go to A&E should this happen again. I hope they stop happening for you, I know nose bleeds are common in pregnancy, but 50 mins I would have thought was a bit of a long time to have a heavy one without raising concern. :hug: x

Just called maternity and spoke to a lovely midwife. She said i need to have some blood tests and blood pressure taken and told me to go down. I think she felt a bit sorry for me to be honest because i burst into tears as soon as she answered! Bet she thought there was a mouse on the other end of the phone! I asked if i need to go straight down and she said its not urgent but i need to see midwife for blood pressure check/blood tests tomorrow if i don't go now. She was just concerned that if it happened again and i was alon i'd panic. My friend is going to come and stay with me tonight so at least i know i'm not alone. God i sound like a crazy person today! One thing after another! x x x Thanks ladies x x x

Awww im glad you finally have someone giving you the care you deserve x x x x x

You sound like you have the MW from hell. I had PSD from 16 weeks last pregnancy and was on crutches from 20 weeks this time I have had it mildly from the start, I have a physio appointment for Friday to get fitted for a belt and discuss if I should have crutches at home ready!

Is there any way you can get a different MW.

I feel better today - no nose bleeds so far! Its a nightmare with our mw's, you just see whoever is there on the day. If you rule one of them out it makes getting an appointment very hard indeed. Thanks for listening to my rant ladies. It helps to get it all out on here! That way my family don't hate me for being a ranting loon!

I am naturally a bit of a drama queen - probably not the best way to put it but if something is going to go tits up for me it will do with bells on! I'm learning to live with it and luckily its mostly superficial things when you look at the bigger picture! =D x x x

Hey join the club hun, I am the world's worst for making a mountain out of a molehill and I know I am a drama queen!! You have been going through a bad patch though so you are allowed - we still love you! :hugs:

So glad you got a good Mw this time... hopefully they can tell you something...

I worked at an ear, nose, throat dr offcie for a few years and they become concerned when a nose bleed is very heavy for over an hour...and occuring several times...

If this happened they would just have a surgery where they cauterize the small veins in the nose... not a big deal really...

Try not to panic with the nose bleeds... they do bleed alot ... like any cut on your head.. but you won't die from a nose bleed... even though it looks and feels like you could... :)

and it sounds like the mw if going to run some tests to see if there is an underlying cause... I think you are on the right path... hope they stop very soon... :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->