Pacifier at 4 yo

ottgirl35

Reaction score
Any of you encountered a pacifier addiction? She seems to let it go for a few weeks but then if something stresses her she runs back to it with a vengeance ... Any ideas? Just throw them out? She seems to find toy replacements and I find it dangerous...

THROW THEM OUT lol at 4 years old she should have other means to comfort herself rather then a silly pacifier ..explain to her that the babies in heaven need new pacifiers and just put them in a box and pretend to bring them to the post office ..worked for me until I found out later on in life I was upset but got over it ..

She is old enough to understand she is a big girl now and will soon be in school ..dont think she wants to be teased about having a paci :)

My youngest loved her pacifier and found it hard to give up. I cut the ends off and threw that part out(the nipple part), told her they were broken and let her carry the hard part around around for a few days. Eventually she agreed that we should throw them out.

Just throw it out, she'll get over it.

From working in childcare I got the impression that children aren't really addicted to pacifiers so much as their parents are.

We had a half dozen children in our room who's parents had gone on and on about how they NEED their pacifiers, they dont sleep without them... we never once gave any child in that center their pacifier and never ever even once have I seen a child even ask for it during the day, or cry because they didn't have it. The parents seemed to have created the addiction. Now, thats not to say its not real, because with you she knows she can get it, we did have one girl who would go to her 'school bag' as soon as her mum arrived and find her pacifier and pop it in her mouth, when she didn't do it at all during the day, because she knows mummy lets her.

With any change, expect an upset, just be strong in yourself and she will move on and forget about it in no time at all.

.... although.... I will admitt after having seen that I was never ever going to use a pacifier, but I was given a couple as a gift... and in the middle of the night with a screaming baby, they become very attractive!

I only use a dummy on Savannah when she has a bad belly ache. The sucking helps to ease it a little. Didn't want to end up like this...

Throw it out!
Carly was also addicted and she needed it to get to sleep , but she was turning 3 and in my mind thats way too old for one so i chucked them out and said to her that there all gone as she is now a big girl and dummies are for babies :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->