Packed breakfast ideas?

supertabby

Reaction score
My DD doesn't eat much breakfast first thing and takes forever over what she does have, so we find it much better for her to eat at before-school club however they don't provide breakfast, but we can send her in with something.

I've been doing toast just as we leave and wrapping in tin foil, but it's probably 15 mins by the time she sits down with it at the other end. I've also tried cereal bars with some fruit but I prefer not to give cereal bars daily as they're loaded with sugar. She hates bananas but otherwise fruit goes down well, but it doesn't seem enough on it's own.

Any ideas for things I can send in please?

I fill a small tupperware container with oats, a couple of spoonfuls of yoghurt and a little milk. You can add some sliced fruit too. I love eating this and so does DD, it doesn't go horrible and soggy like cereals would

You could bake some sugar free flapjack with fruit in & send a slice in with her. It would last all week too so if you bake it on a Sunday, that's the whole week sorted.

I second the container with oats,fruit and yogurt. The cereal wont go soggy.
A bagel with cream cheese?
a tortilla wrap with breakfast type filling

I think with the right packaging anything would be possible eg I wouldnt send cereal and milk ready mixed but I might send a box of cereal and a little bottle of milk.

Brioche rolls, croissants etc are always handy for a change as well

My dd likes buttered tea cakes or a slice of fruit loaf for her mid morning snack :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->