Packed lunch

SjandPeanut

Reaction score
I start back to work next week and my little man will be going to mil and my mums 2 days.
My mil is an appalling cook so i have to send packed lunches. She also is very nervous about everything so finds BLW terrifying.

My mum is fine with blW but worries that he is hungry and I've caught her spoon feeding him 'one more bite' ( this infuriates me, but she says its a habit she is trying to break)

I need some ideas for what I can send for his lunches that I can make quickly in the morning or the night before.

My mum will be fine cooking something, but my mil would be wary even reheating something.

He has a very varied diet and will eat just about anything( I cook a lot if different food as i am irish oh is half itailian and we spent a lot of time in central and south america )

Breakfast- usually porridge weekends, eggs/ pancakes / pinto
Snack -banana/ rice cake or toast
Lunch - savoury muffin/ quesadilla with shredded chicken/homemade pesto pitta with mozerella/ arrancini/ potato cakes
Snack - fruit pouch some times he will also have some biscotti or no sugar banana bread/ carrot muffin ( home made)
Dinner- whatever we have

He also still has 4x 7 oz bottles

Anyone got any ideas?

X x

Pasta would be a good option to have cold. You can mix in some cheese and veggies.

Sandwiches are an easy option, Ashley likes peanut butter.

Salad bits and ham

Sandwiches! You can Ddo lots of different fillings, different types of bread too, like bagels, etc

Crackers and slices of cheese and veggies,

Frittata? Quiche

Pasta

I always give toast and philadelphia when my mum has him. How often will she be having him. Sometimes I give him rice cakes and philadelphia or breadsticks cheese and cucumber sticks? What about just a variety of those kinds of things? Or will she be having him a lot?

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Sandwiches would be great but he takes them apart and throws them lol.

Maybe quiche/ frittata will be good.

I gave him peanut butter for the first time yesterday, I brushed his teeth and washed his hands before I went to my parents house which was about 2-3 hours later and my sister had an allergic reaction when she picked him up. He must have had a peanut still on him somewhere so no more peanut butter until she goes to Uni!

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->