Packing a hospital bag in case of transfer?

wishuwerehere

dh, me and 2dds
Reaction score
I'm planning a home birth and hopefully it'll all be straightforward and I won't need to go to hospital, but I'd quite like to pack a bag just in case. Apart from anything else I'd quite like stuff I might want postpartum all in one place so it seems beneficial anyway.
Anyway I was wondering if people had packed hospital bags when planning a home birth what they'd put in? And should I have a bag or a box or something of stuff I want for labour at home separate (a lot of packing lists have stuff for labour in them but I'll want that at home!)

I have a container for all my home birth stuff as there is quite a bit because of it being a water birth also but I have also packed a hospital bag just in case. I havent finished packing it though, all I have in it is babies cloths and essentials and some undies, nursing top and nursing nighty in it lol. I really should get onto the toiletries side of things which I think I will do tomorrow as I am already 39 and a half weeks (talk about unorganised!) I am hoping I wont need to use it but hey you never know do you.

That sounds pretty much like what i plan to do - sort of essentials only bag for hospital just in case. I probably won't actually pack for weeks lol, i'm quite impressed i'm asking this early :haha:

I have a big box of homebirth stuff. In it I have an emptg bag and a list of stuff I want packed incase of transfer so my hubby can pack it quicklg if needed. Hopfully wont need to!! :) x

My MW told me to pack a hospital bag but I haven't, I can't be bothered for one thing it's one of the best things about a home birth not having to do the dreaded hospital bag :haha: but I have everything laid out on our spare bed so all hubby would have to do is grab a bag and chuck it in and the grab me an outfit, would take seconds, we only live about 15 mins from the hospital so it's no big deal if we haven't got everything, in my last area it was 40 miles to the hospital so would probably have packed a bag then.

We live about 5 mins from the hospital, i guess my husband could go home for stuff easy enough. I just don't like the idea of him trying to pack in a panic lol.

I didn't pack a bag. I had a small container with some baby things in like clothes, nappy, wrap, that I had ready to use once he was born but that was only so it was easy to bring to the living room.

I figured if there was an emergency I wouldn't care about needing anything and we live close to the hospital so DH or someone could have gone home to get my things.

I'll be bringing a bag to the birthing center, so that will likely have all I will need. If I end up in the hospital, my husband can get whatever else I need from home before discharge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->