packing an emergency/second bag :-/

leahsbabybump

Mummy to 3
Reaction score
sooo now the time is really close im getting worried baout a few bits and bobs one of my main concerns is running out of essentials in hospital so i was thinking maybee i could pack a smaller bag just like a large carrierbag or something as a second bag with a few more baby grows vests knickers pads and nappies in just incase i have to stay for longer than planned or incase me or baby get a bit messy if you know what i mean
its just that my oh half is hopeless with lady and baby things if i askedhim to fetch me underwear he would probably bring the smallest thong in the draw lol (seriously)
do you think this is a stupid idea and im going over board a bit or do you thinkits a good idea its just that there is no one else that can get in my flat other than him to pick stuff up for me my nan an grandad struggle to get up the stairs my mum works full time so may not be able to get to mine on time to get the stuff to hosp for me if i need it and my sister is doing some legal assistant training thing and she is pretty busy so also may not be able to make visiting hours :-/

:thumbup::happydance:

oh thats good thought i was going mad lol
im excited now i get to get out the baby stuff again and decide what ill pack in this bag lol will keep me occupied for a few hour lol

i have one of those bags but as a emergecy if i go into labour early or late and hubby cant get to me as bag will be in the car ,you see my grandma lives 2 mins from hospital literally so we will be parking the car at hers whilst i in labour. she can be there before i can get there

If you think that's silly, ask me how many times I've created the list for my hospital bag... I keep ripping it up and re-writing it ... LOL

:lol: ive even stuck a sticky note to the washing machine so oh knows how to use it :lol:

:lol: ive even stuck a sticky note to the washing machine so oh knows how to use it :lol:

thisone made me laugh hahaha luckily oh mum and my gran and mum are great with stuff like that so if he is stuck for clothes they will sort him out lol hes a great cook so i dont have to worry about him starving the only other thing im worried about now is how much mess is he gunna make while im gone :shrug: it only takes him half hour to destroy the place on a normal day with me at home in fact hes doing it right now as we speak withhis tools out everywere and bloody remote controll cars :growlmad:

definatly doing the same thing..

Im packin mine and babies hospital bags with essentials to last us through 'normal' situations and then going to leave a spare emergency one at the flat or in the boot of the car incase we stay in longer or incase baby is on the big side or incase baby sicks and poos on all of the clothes we first brings for him lol. My OH is exactly the same and would be useless for me to send him home to bring in some extra bits he'd only get it all wrong so im going to do it myself and leave it somewher he can access it easily.

ive started putting one togeather and i have just turned round and said to him "this bag hear babe is an emergency bag so seen as you are a bit dippy and dont know the differance between a lot of tings you just need to bring this bag if needs be it has any extra stuff in it i mite need so we dont end up with thongs at the hospital etc etc" (i said it jokingly not offensivly lol)
he came back to me and said "im not stupid you only wear the big pants now" :haha: sooo he observes somethings it seems i may have underestimated him a little lol but none the less im still do the emergency bag just incase lol

that is a great idea. might do that myself.. nothing ever goes right for me and i wouldnt be suprised if i ended up been stuck in hosp for longer!!

Ohhh actually a good idea !! I might do this too! I know what your saying about OH not knowing what things to pack!! haha

My husband Is really good so I haven't done this but I can give him a list and he will bring me what I need!
Lou
Xxx

thats good idea,i might do that as well

That does sound like a good idea. I think I am going to go do that right now just to have something to do. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->