Paedophilia, in your genes?

I've wondered that before as well... I mean to me it's sick and disgusting and just wrong to be attracted to children, but you do have to wonder why people are, and they know it's wrong but have such a hard time controlling their urges etc... Oprah had a special on where she spoke to 4 (I believe) pedophiles and asked them numerous questions which even though it was disturbing it was good to know what they were thinking. I won't go into detail about some of the things said as it was quite upsetting but some even admit after going through "treatment" and therapy they shouldn't be trusted...

I think there is something wrong medically, just not sure what.

yeah i've watched a couple of programmes. and there are men out there begging to be chemically castrated.

it is quite harrowing really, to see that these men and women feel this way. have you also noticed that it's mainly men who have these urges, and not women. unless im being naive and women paedophiles just aren't put into the media as much.

Women don't seem to be as common as men, but I don't know about their urges etc.... I do see where you are coming from though.

yeah it has been done before. i don't know it its been successful or not. i know it just suppresses sexual libido..

this is obviously 'surgical' castration.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/04/AR2006070400960_pf.html

Edited as what I wrote was very stupid :blush:

With the Swedish study, maybe it would be a good thing to castrate sex offenders.

I think the idea of forced castration is disgusting, even if its a sex offender. Its different if they ASK to be castrated but to make someone do it is vile. Sex offenses are not just all about sexual gratification.

I think the idea of forced castration is disgusting, even if its a sex offender. Its different if they ASK to be castrated but to make someone do it is vile. Sex offenses are not just all about sexual gratification.

Thats true, its often more about control.

I think there is definitely somthing wrong with their wiring,(like others have put it).....
like serial murderers, rapists, etc their urges are too strong to control...they have these needs to do these things.......there obviously isnt something right with them mentally at all..........i dont think you turn into any of these over night, i think its in you or its not.

80% chance of re-offending brought down to 2% chance... to me, it's worth it. If more studies were done and the Swedish study was validated I think it would be something to consider. If this is something that can't be controlled, giving children a better chance at protection would be more important to me than a sex offender keeping his genitals. Again, the lesser of two evils. In a perfect world we wouldn't need to worry about protecting our children from vile creatures like this, but we do.... I would prefer the perfect world mind you.

it doesn't prevent them from messing with your kids' body and mind, they don't need their genitals to do that.

no they don't need their genitals to do it, but surely it would suppress the mind thinking a certain way?
i guess in the same regard the way that anti-depressants work.

It is not genetic. If a child is raised by a paedophile and are thus abused, the chances of them becoming one are a lot higher, though.

I think paedophilia comes from childhood trauma.

I dont think you can solely put it down to DNA although the chemicals in your brain determine attraction they can be affected by lots of things like someone above said nature vs nurture.

Also i think that if they are a prolific sex offender then they should be forced to have castration as well as councilling (sp?) as a matter of serving the greater good that they cant harm another person if it works and they no longer have the urge or 'appendage' to do so.

May I also add that I remember being told that in the uk most paedophiles are actually female :thumbup:

I don't know whether or not to be offended about gay people being compared to paedophiles because it's an age old thing. People always though that gay people WERE paedophiles. I think in this case I will take it with a pinch of salt though because even I can see that it is kind of related in a sexual preference way and I won't get into that...

Anyway. I don't think being attracted to children is a DNA thing, I think (similar to straight/gay) it is both nature (dna) and nurture (something you grow up with). Paedophilia is more common in households with abused children - if you grow up with is being done to you, I think it opens a "Pandora's box" of feelings that are not only not condoned in today's society but also morally wrong.

aaaaah no i wasn't comparing it in a bad way. just peoples sexual preferences.

do you think it just boils down to what we accept as 'normal' then?
but there are things that happened to me as a child that i know are not normal and i would never ever do to jake.

i dunno, it's all confuuuuusing!

I wasnt trying to say anything about gay people i dont see anything wrong with it at all sorry if i offended you Taegans mama i was just trying to say that the chemicals in your brain control not just preference but desire hence how some can control themselves and others can cant

Also @ cherryglitter I think it is in a way as (i know its not the same) but a couple hundred years ago it wasnt unheard of for a man in his 30's or older to marry a girl in her teens and that was just the norm im not condoning paedophillia and i dont think it should be im just saying still dont think just dna plays a part though

Attraction to teens isn't paedophilia anyway, its attraction to pre-pubescent children. Attraction to teens who have reached puberty is natural (although probably not as common or normal now due to modern morals and social mores).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->