Pain after c-section - lost a clot/blood! Could it be the internal scab coming away?

babybx2

Reaction score
I had a c-section on 19th May. The wound is healing externally really well. I have felt great and have been pretty mobile. My bleeding stopped yesterday, completely.

I went to a wedding on Saturday, I was actually more comfy stood up than I was sat down so spent my time stood up as much as I was sat down really.

Today I suddenly felt a loss of blood, when I checked there was something there other than blood, it was a clot the size of a penny.

My Mum thinks it is the inside of my section wound. She thinks I have been doing too much and it has come away.

The pain is really bad on the right of the scar but internally. It is like the burning feeling that you get initially after the section. I can't lift my leg because it feels like I am burning inside and it is unbearable.

Has anyone else had this, or do you have any ideas of what it may be???

I think it's only when the clot is bigger than a 50p that you have to worry but you shouldn't be in pain :( Might be worth a trip to your gp chick, have you still stopped bleeding?

No still bleeding a little - red blood. I am getting that sharp burning pain. Slightly above my scar and on the right hand side. I am getting lots of sharp pains, feels like electric shocks, I am assuming it is the nerves coming back to life or something like that?? My Mum keeps scaring me as when she had her hysterectomy, she ended up with an abcess internally where she had done too much. She keeps telling me that could happen to me. I have a 5yr old to look after, aswell as my new twins and she says I am doing too much and it will happen to me!!! She has scared me!

Should I see GP or Midwife???

Oooh that sounds uncomfortable! I did get a bit of pain if I overdid it, but nothing that a painkiller wouldn't sort out.

You could take a trip to your gp/midwife just to put your mind at rest. Bright red blood is usually an indicator that you are doing too much if the bleeding had previously eased off.

Hope you feel better soon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"