Pain at top of womb between ribs? What is this?

B

Belle25

I sometimes get this burning/tearing awful pain in the middle of the night thats so bad it wakes me up. Its definitely not heartburn. It hurts a lot and unlike any pain I have felt before.

Anyway its been so painful I was in hospital with it Friday. They scanned me, did my BP, checked my pee and bloods, and monitored baby girls heartbeat-all fine.

Had it again last night, what could it be?
Never had this in my first pregnancy
xx

It sounds like trapped wind. Ive had it twice this pregnancy and it feels like Im having a heart attack. Not burning pain like heartburn or acid reflux, more a sharp stabbing pain.

It sounds like trapped wind. Ive had it twice this pregnancy and it feels like Im having a heart attack. Not burning pain like heartburn or acid reflux, more a sharp stabbing pain.

Never thought of that, though it does make sense with everything being so squashed up in there now!
Thanks
xx

i had this and i went to see my midwife about it, it especially hurt at night when i turned over. It was stretching i think, it felt really sore like a burning sensation on my skin. I got some cocoa butter and rubbed it in before bed every night and ive never had it since -x-

I've had this too, I think it is trapped wind, i haven't had it for a few weeks which I put down to baby moving down a little and freeing it up x

I've had this for weeks now and it's sometimes in the middle and other times over on the right. I've mentioned it to numerous midwives and consultants and they all think it's just stretching and baby's position as it does occasionally ease off for a while, after I've fetl her wriggling around.

I don't have heartburn at all so not sure it's wind but it could be that as well. It feels really tender to touch and like bad sunburn but there's nothing there to see. It hasn't woken me up at night though, it actually eases when I manage to get comfy and lie down at night.

i have what feels like someone stabbing me smack in teh middle of the back ... it doesnt happen everynight...but it happens a few times a week...
my hubby will jsut rub my back and it either goes away or while he's rubbing it relaxes me enough to fall back asleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->